Snow White: Fairest of All (Villain Tales…

Snow White: Fairest of All (Villain Tales 256 Disney) (edition 2018)

by Autumn (Auu29) (Author)

Examines the life of Snow White's stepmother, the Wicked Queen, to find out just what it is that makes her so evil that she would want to cut out her teenage step-daughter's heart and have it delivered in a locked keepsake box.
Member:Kirtstella
Title:Snow White: Fairest of All (Villain Tales 256 Disney)
Authors:Autumn (Auu29) (Author)
Info:Igloo Books Ltd (2018), Edition: Autumn Edition (AP), 259 pages

Work Information

Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino

An intriguing and fun look at the back story for the Wicked Queen. No spoilers here, but this telling of the Queen and Snow White’s story is one that includes love, heartbreak, pride, enchantment, envy, and anger. And amidst all that, it also has a touch of beauty, forgiveness, and humanity. And an ending that gives far greater meaning to Snow White living “happily ever after.”

For a book where everyone knows the ending, this book tells the story in a very engaging way. Targeted more towards middle readers and young adults, this is a quick and easy read, but still interesting enough that anyone who likes fairy tales can enjoy it. ( )
  bentleymitchell | Aug 27, 2021 |
Loved this new take on a familiar story. This is the backstory of the Evil Queen from Snow White. I must say, this is very cleverly executed. There is just enough of the well known bits of the story to make it familiar, yet it is vastly different. Oh, and a twist ending.

Excellent for Disney lovers, young adults, or those who like alternate versions of the original story. ( )
  briandrewz | Aug 6, 2021 |
I remember seeing this book at Disneyland when it first came out twelve years ago and thinking how clever the idea was. Now that I have actually read it, I have to say, it was as clever as I hoped it would be.

Fairest of All tells the story of how the Queen goes from being the meek, full of self-doubt daughter of a village mirror maker, to the evil, ultra-vain Queen of the land.

What I liked: pretty much everything. I loved the weaving of the Disney animated movie into the story, right down to the dialogue. The Queen’s character is well-developed, and the reader feels empathy toward the Queen as the tale unfolds, which makes for a wonderful villain.

What I didn’t like: not much. There was a bit of repetition as the Queen descends into evil, but it wasn’t enough to distract from the story.

A great read! I would recommend watching the original Snow White animated movie first before reading this book.

5 out of 5 stars ( )
  AlbaArango | Jul 2, 2021 |
The ending gives a new twist to to Snow White fairy tale. It's a fun read. ( )
  LoriFox | Oct 24, 2020 |
I enjoyed this - it was short but sweet - it was a bit hard to read in some spots - but overall it was a very nice book and as always sheds light into a villain you wouldn't normally see ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |

For anyone who's seen Walt Disney's Snow White, you'll know that the Wicked Queen is one evil woman! After all, it's not everyone who wants to cut out their teenage step-daughter's heart and have it delivered back in a locked keepsake box. (And even if this sort of thing is a common urge, we don't know many people who have acted upon it.)

Now, for the first time, we'll examine the life of the Wicked Queen and find out just what it is that makes her so nasty. Here's a hint: the creepy-looking man in the magic mirror is not just some random spooky visage-and he just might have something to do with the Queen's wicked ways!
from Amazon.com

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,395,961 books! | Top bar: Always visible