The Poetry of Robert Frost by Robert Frost

The Poetry of Robert Frost (original 1968; edition 2002)

by Robert Frost (Author)

Member:akwael
Title:The Poetry of Robert Frost
Authors:Robert Frost (Author)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (2002), 607 pages

The Poetry of Robert Frost by Robert Frost (1968)

The Poetry of Robert Frost is the entirety of the great American poet’s published work, an authoritative volume that is structured to show his progression from his earliest work to his last—with a little exception at the end. However for those who have only read Frost in school, like me, you will be in for a surprise because the poems in English and/or Literature class are a deceptive selection of his complete works. While this complete book of Robert Frost’s work is wonderful for poetry enthusiasts, for the more general reader I would suggest you look through this volume and decide if you want a smaller, more select volume of his work. ( )
  mattries37315 | Jul 16, 2016 |
Rural, agrarian, hard lives. The Mending Wall, The Road Not Taken, Acquainted With The Night, The Draft Horse, Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening are all my favourites and a few of them I have even memorized. ( )
  ShelleyAlberta | Jun 4, 2016 |
Frost is the premier poet and the 20th Century poem is How Hard it is to Keep From Being King. Every good statesman should be well acquainted with it. ( )
  Jeffrey_Hatcher | Jun 4, 2016 |
I enjoyed reading this collection of poetry, one because I love poetry as a whole, and two Robert Frost has a way of making his words paint a vivid picture of the poem. I enjoyed this poetry book because it contained many different poems from his many books of poetry published over his lifetime. Although Robert Frost is no longer living, his spirit and feelings are captured within every poem he wrote. This personal voice used in describing the events portrayed is fascinating. In addition, I enjoyed this poetry book collection for its organization. Each collection of poems featured in this huge book are separated into which book it came from originally. Also, I found it interesting that some other works of Frost were included such as a play he wrote. Overall the big idea of this book is to have the reader appreciate the beauty of Robert Frost's writings in a convenient way so as to carry on his legacy. ( )
  anunez1 | Mar 26, 2015 |
Deep, meaningful poems and phrases. It is all that really describes this book, as it is just poems that are written beautifully. Now, many young adults are turned away from this book, uninterested by the fact that they could instead go listen to music, or go read Harry Potter for the 12th time. But trust me, may it be unpopular, but some of you may enjoy this book more than I.The Poetry of Robert Frost, is an amazing read, but not exactly noticed.

Many poems and phrases in this book are sad, and optimistic, teaching life lessons throughout the book that inspired me to this day. Though, most children and young adults, would rather go read "amazing works" such as 50 Shades Of Gray, and Twilight. Rather, to me, these poems and phrases exceed today's media, explaining in few, powerful words about war, and life choices. Robert Frost has a specific style of writing, using animals and nature to show deep symbolism. He does this in a such a subtle way and surpasses what I believe his writing to be. Though other poets have done more of my style that I enjoy better, his writings are classics, and always bring my spirits up.

Overall, great book, though not everyone's cup of tea. The poems are beautiful in their own ways, and should be recognized more than it truly is at this point. I highly recommend this book, especially to those ho are going through a rough time, or feeling down. His optimistic, moving words will inspire you, just as they have I.
  br14kabu | Oct 7, 2013 |

Frost, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lathem, Edward ConneryEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The 1930 edition, Collected Poems of Robert Frost, is NOT the same as The Poetry of Robert Frost: Complete and Unabridged. I have both books and they are not the same: the 1930 book only includes A Boy's Will, North of Boston, Mountain Interval, New Hampshire, and West Running Book, and therefore is NOT complete and unabridged.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0030725356, Hardcover)

Robert Frost's poetry was always simple and direct, yet strangely deep. This is the only comprehensive volume of Frost's published verse, including the contents of all eleven of his individual books of poetry -- from A Boy's Will (1913) to In the Clearing (1962).

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:23 -0400)

The long awaited comprehensive and authoritative edition. The Poetry of Robert Frost brings together for the first time the full contents of all eleven of Frost's individual books of verse, from A Boy's Will through In the Clearing. More than 350 poems comprise this new volume, scrupulously prepared under the editorship of Edward Connery Lathem, a Frost scholar, Librarian of Dartmouth College, and friend of the poet. Mr. Lathem, in his notes, records extensive bibliographical information about the publication of Robert Frost's poetry during nearly three-quarters of a century -- from 1894, when his first poem appeared in a publication of national circulation, to the final volume the poet worked on just before his death. The editor also carefully traces textual changes that have occurred in the poetry over the years. This handsome volume, the standard edition of Frost's poetry, is a lasting tribute to America's best-loved poet. - Jacket flap.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,327,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible