Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful…

Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a…

by Philip Town

A good reference for explanations of technical indicators and understanding the market. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
My first investment related book. the way author has explained the concepts is very good (especially considering that am a novice). i really liked the book very much. having said that am not sure how well i can use it in my country because am finding it bit difficult to get info and yahoo/msn are very good for US companies. nonetheless am still hitting the bush, not sure when i will be finding one :).
I WOULD SAY GREAT BOOK FOR FIRST TIME INVESTOR :)) ( )
  _RSK | Jan 26, 2016 |
A practical method for value investing using the wealth of data available on the internet. ( )
  hmskip | Mar 3, 2012 |
This is one interesting book. I actually read it about 6 months ago. Then I set up some "paper trading" accounts on MSN to test things out. It works but I started with $5,000 in fake money and it takes a long time to build up from that. Also, because the "tools" That Town describes tell you when to buy/sell I actually missed some stock splits. It would be hard for a rookie investor like myself to stay focused on the long piture while my system caused me to pass those by. ( )
  StrokeBoy | Jun 24, 2008 |

Phil Town is now a very wealthy man, but he wasn't always. In fact, he was living on a salary of $4000 a year when some well-timed advice launched him down a highway of investing self-education that revealed what the true "rules" are and how to make them work in one's favor. Chief among them, of course, is "rule #1": "don't lose money." Other rules are: don't diversify...think like an owner, not an investor ... never, ever be seduced into thinking the market is efficient. Town also believes strongly in "betting on the jockey," putting your faith in managers who've proven their financial mettle. Not only does Town reveal fresh methods for identifying who the truly reliable managers are, but he shows you how to test whether they really have faith in the businesses they're running.

By far, the most controversial of the audiobook's assertions will be that giant 401(k) type mutual funds can't help but regress to the mean, and in the next twenty years, the mean could be very disappointing indeed. There's a very real chance that a 401(k) investor could see his holdings not grow at all in the next few decades. Fortunately, Town's stockpicking techniques are meant to walk investing phobes through the do-it-yourself process, equipping them with the tools they need to make quantum leaps toward financial security.

Rule #1 says something new, and it says it in a way that every listener can understand.

From the Compact Disc edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:06 -0400)

Phil Town wasn't always a very wealthy man. In fact, he was living on $4000 a year when some well-timed advice launched him into an investing self-education that revealed what the true "rules" are and how to make them work in one's favor. Chief among them, of course, is: don't lose money. Other rules are: don't diversify; think like an owner, not an investor. Town also believes strongly in putting your faith in managers who've proven their financial mettle, and who really have faith in the businesses they're running. The most controversial of the book's assertions is that giant 401(k) type mutual funds will regress to the mean, and in the next twenty years, the mean could be very disappointing. Fortunately, Town's stockpicking techniques are meant to walk investing phobes through the do-it-yourself process, equipping them with the tools they need to make quantum leaps toward financial security.--From publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,389,355 books! | Top bar: Always visible