He's Just Not That into You : The No-Excuses…

He's Just Not That into You : The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys (edition 2004)

by Greg Behrendt (Author)

He's Just Not That Into You--based on a popular episode of Sex and the City--is tough love advice for otherwise smart women on how to tell when a guy just doesn't like them enough, so they can stop wasting time making excuses for a dead-end relationship. It's the best relationship advice you'll ever receive. For ages, women have come together over coffee, cocktails, or late-night phone chats to analyze the puzzling behavior of men. He's afraid to get hurt again. Maybe he doesn't want to ruin the friendship. Maybe he's intimidated by me. He just got out of a relationship. Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo are here to say that--despite good intentions--you're wasting your time. Men are not complicated, although they'd like you to think they are. And there are no mixed messages. The truth may be, He's just not that into you. Unfortunately, guys are too terrified to ever directly tell a woman, "You're not the one." But their actions absolutely show how they feel. Reexamining familiar scenarios and classic mindsets that keep us in unsatisfying relationships, Behrendt and Tuccillo's wise and wry understanding of the sexes spares women hours of waiting by the phone, obsessing over the details with sympathetic girlfriends, and hoping his mixed messages really mean, "I'm in love with you and want to be with you." He's Just Not That Into You is provocative, hilarious, and, above all, intoxicatingly liberating. It deserves a place on every woman's night table. It knows you're a beautiful, smart, funny woman who deserves better. The next time you feel the need to start "figuring him out," consider the glorious thought that maybe, He's just not that into you. And then set yourself loose to go find the one who is. This NEWLY EXPANDED EDITION includes: a new foreword from Greg Behrendt; a new chapter--providing an honest look at the stages of life after He's Just Not That Into You, according to Liz, including exaltation, loneliness, temptation, and balance; and Greg and Liz address the most frequently asked reader questions.… (more)
Member:Jrathbone9
Title:He's Just Not That into You : The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys
Authors:Greg Behrendt (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster, Limited (2004), 176 pages

He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys (The Newly Expanded Edition) by Greg Behrendt

Love these books. They helped me get out of a dead-end relationship. Awesome. ( )
  pmichaud | Dec 21, 2020 |
Before reading it, I really wanted to disagree with this book. I thought the nerve of Greg & Liz stereotyping men and women this way. But after finishing it, I realized Greg & Liz are dead on. I just wish this book had come out 10 years ago, because it would've saved me a lot of time wasted in bad relationships. ( )
  wanderinglynn | Mar 22, 2018 |
I hated this book. I basically scanned it because it wasn't what I thought it'd be (I was thinking it was an actual story, not just tips, etc. based on the episode from Sex & the City.)

BUT the reason I hated it was because it just reminded me of all the stupid mistakes I made when I was single, trying to figure guys out. AND i read it at a time when I was thinking about an ex-"boyfriend" who treated me like crap (and who I was in-love with -- my first love!)

ugh. this book is great for single gals, but unless you enjoy reminiscing about past mistakes & a-hole guys, you might wanna pass on this. ( )
  GettinBetter | Jun 27, 2016 |
A quick, funny, very "girl power" read. But honestly? There was some good stuff in here, like about having realistic expectations and taking an honest look at the relationship/situation that you are in (or not in, or hoping to be in). It is becoming somewhat dated, but replace "phone call" with "text/email/messaging/facebooking" and it's still good information--a call for women to have some self-esteem and recognize our value. It's a kick in the pants served up with a sense of humor. ( )
  eenerd | Sep 29, 2015 |
Forgot that I read this all those years back. I wish I'd read it earlier, for me, and for a bunch of other people in my life. ( )
  Tom_Wright | Jun 26, 2014 |

Greg Behrendtprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tuccillo, Lizmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,513,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible