Forever in My Heart: The Story of My Battle…

Forever in My Heart: The Story of My Battle Against Cancer

by Jade Goody

181799,005 (4)None

This was the Cancer Diaries- a wise move on the late Jade Goody's part as it shows her account of the 'tadpoles in her tummy' or her cancer that was gradually engulfing her life.
While she was alive I was following her story online and her cancer became a source of information and sustenance to me.( I have since followed others such as the late Farrah Fawcett who died of the rare anal cancer). I might buy other books such as John Diamonds and Ruth Picardies too, to add to the account and maybe even Tomlinson who did so much prior to her death.
Her Children Freddy and Bobby her 'little men' have at least a book penned by herself -with help I might add-about the dreaded 'C' word and what REALLY killed their mother. Others may bring out Documentaries and Books but clever Jade had her Living TV Team and two books under her name the other being 'Jade' Fighting to the End' her official Autobiography (which mentions the Big 'C Word' as almost an addendum to the fact).
Plus the kids have the full range of TV done on Jade for them to look at- a wise move by a Mum who knew that she had literally weeks to live and it could have been days the way the account runs at times.
I read this 300 page volume overnight foolishly. It was maybe to get yet another book under my belt and push my Reading Project forward.
At least if other books come out as they surely will, I will have read the official account from the late one and only Jade Goody. ( )
  wonderperson | Mar 31, 2013 |

Jade's heart-breaking diary of her fight against terminal cancer and her final precious months with her beloved family. In August 2008 Jade Goody received the shattering news that she had cervical cancer. She was only 27 years old. But with her usual strength of character, Jade was determined to beat the disease and carry on with life as normal with her two little boys Bobby and Freddy. Neither the chemotherapy, which left her weak and bald, or the hysterectomy that crushed her dreams of having a little girl, could break Jade's sunny personality or her fierce refusal to be a victim. But in February 2009, Jade received the tragic news that any mother dreads to hear: she was going to be torn from her beloved sons. The cancer had spread and was untreatable. Forever In My Heart is Jade's final 'love letter' to her two little boys. Covering her initial diagnosis while appearing on Celebrity Big Brother in India, their emotional last Christmas as a family, her magical wedding to her partner Jack Tweed and her dying wish to see be christened with her boys, Jade's heart-breaking diary of her final months is set against a backdrop of flashbacks to her difficult early years, her rise to fame in the Big Brother house and those moments of joy and laughter as the nation's darling. It is the powerful story of a young mother's brave fight against a terminal disease, her unique humour, her determination to provide for her sons and her fierce desire to leave a legacy which might prevent other young women being torn from their families in the prime of life. A percentage of profits from the book will be donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:45 -0400)

Covering the final heart-breaking months in the life of TV celebrity Jade Goody, this book describes her brave fight against a terminal disease, her determination to provide for her sons and her desire to leave a legacy which might prevent other young women being torn from their families in the prime of life.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,764,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible