A Woman Named Jackie by C. David Heymann

A Woman Named Jackie (1989)

by C. David Heymann

260None44,027 (3)4

bargain = 1 of 29 books for $5.
  velvetink | Mar 31, 2013 |
I am currently reading this book, however I am finding it a bit of a struggle, The author refers to and quotes so many people, that I find it a bit confusing. I don't think the book flows very well, bits of it are very interesting, but at some bits I am just bored.
  annabel_mc | Apr 3, 2009 |
2334 A Woman Named Jackie, by C. David Heymann (read 212 Oct 1990) This is a gossipy book, made up by one who seems to write like a journalist, but with less ability. He has interviewed hundreds of people and quotes endlessly. He hasn't written a book--he has recorded gobs and gobs of interviews. His bibliography is 18 pages long. The book tells of Jackie Kennedy Onassis, who was born in 1929 and still lives--so ordinarily I wouldn't read her biography. The book is full of derogatory things about her and the Kennedys and also has so much trivia in it that it really was in part a waste of time reading. But I firmly believe the immoralities of public people--people who seek or are in high office--should be subject to the bright light of publicity. I conclude JFK's private life is indefensible and he may not be in heaven. ( )
1 vote Schmerguls | May 27, 2008 |
If you were around in the 60's or remember the endless talk of Jacqueline Kennedy or Jackie O, this is a great book. It's pretty lengthy but also very well sourced. ( )
  aleshel | Sep 19, 2007 |
The book to read on Jacqueline Kennedy at the time. ( )
  latinobookgeek | Mar 8, 2007 |
Arrangements had been made for the expectant mother to have her baby in a New York clinic, but the child was late in coming.

A biography of the former first lady describing her life and achievements.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,486,988 books! | Top bar: Always visible