Comfort from a Country Quilt: Finding New Inspiration and Strength in…

by Reba McEntire

The New York Times Bestseller That Reads Like a Back-Porch Conversation with Reba! In a dazzling career, Reba McEntire has become a true country superstar--and a trailblazing businesswoman with her own multimedia entertainment corporation. Yet she is a rare celebrity who is also beloved by her millions of fans for the way she lives her life. For Reba has balanced the demands of career and family, succeeded in show business without sacrificing her values, and kept up with the times without abandoning her country roots. Here Reba writes about the roles a modern woman tries to fill, roles as many and varied as the fabric pieces of an heirloom quilt. Facing the challenges of being a wife, mother, stepmother, daughter, sister, performer, executive, community member, and Christian, Reba has found inspiration and comfort in the values of her past as an Oklahoma ranch girl. In this generous and wise book, she shows how you can keep traditional values fresh and vital in your own search for a fulfilling life. Whether you read it for instant warmth or lasting inspiration, Comfort from a Country Quilt is a book that will make your spirits soar like the sweet high notes of a Reba McEntire song.… (more)

Through down-home storytelling, Reba McEntire offers her fans a glimpse into her personal life, as well as a healthy dose of traditional, God-lovin' values. Like a quilt, McEntire's book of country comfort is stitched from real-life material--little scraps of wisdom that miraculously piece together into a heartfelt mosaic.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 9, 2021 |
I think this is the Reba-version of Chicken Soup for the Soul. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |
Comfort from a country quilt by McEntire_ Reba
This book starts out talking about the life of Reba throughout her years.
Love the correlation of the quilt and the pieces of her life as they are depicted on the quilt. My mom also made quilts and you knew how much time she spent making them as I make them myself.
They are so treasured now that she's gone just as treasured when she gave them to you.
Found it interesting to learn how her singing career started as I don't follow country western singers. Enjoyed this story.
Loved all the chapters of giving back and memories of riding in back seat of car across country as my husband described it also to me with 7 siblings.
  jbarr5 | Sep 15, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,328,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible