dismiss

Stand Up...and be Counted: The Other Side of Greengrass

by Bill Maynard

Recently added bythe.ken.petersen

Before reading this book, I only knew that Bill Maynard was a Leicester man who, like me, supported the local football team and who had appeared in many comedy roles over tha last forty plus years.
His tale of rags to riches, to rags and back to riches is fascinating as is the attempt to glean his character from this book. He is very honest about his foolishness, with both women and money, during the early part of his career. He has not a bad word to say of his first wife,Muriel but, his regular protestation as to the unreasonableness of directors who want him to reproduce the words from the script, rather than inventing his own "bit of business", does wear thin.
The only other criticism that I would level at the book is that it has been very poorly proof read. I can seldom remember reading a tome more littered with spelling and grammatical faux pas. ( )
  the.ken.petersen | Jul 8, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,952,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible