Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Nighttime Is My Time by Mary Higgins Clark

Nighttime Is My Time (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Mary Higgins Clark

Member:ArcadiaLibraryNE
Title:Nighttime Is My Time
Authors:Mary Higgins Clark
Info:Simon & Schuster (2004), Hardcover, 384 pages

Nighttime Is My Time: A Novel by Mary Higgins Clark (2004)

English (19)  Spanish (1)  All languages (20)
This was my first read by Clark -- certainly an éminence grise in the field -- and I must say enjoyed it. I picked this up because I read was about a class reunion as the setting for a former nerd taking murderous revenge on his onetime bullies, and that is exactly the kind of petty fantasy nonsense I can empathise with.

While the reunion part was disappointing, the other plotlines that were introduced picked up the slack. Essentially, the reunion is there to provide a plethora of suspects, and Clark skilfully makes it seem as though they all could be the killer. Of course, tension ramps up towards the end. Nothing surprising, but a quality crime read nonetheless.

So. Not a raving review, but simply a solid whodunnit. ( )
  Petroglyph | Mar 14, 2019 |
was a good book. love most of mary Higgins clark books ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 6, 2016 |
was a good book. love most of mary Higgins clark books ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 2, 2016 |
same as always many plots — many choices for killer. — Okay
Ties up all ends in last chapter

Jean Sheridan, a college dean and prominent historian, sets out to her hometown in Cornwall-on- Hudson, New York, to attend the twenty-year reunion of alumni of Stonecroft Academy, where she is to be honored along with six other members of her class. There is, however, something uneasy in the air: one woman in the group about to be feted, Alison Kendall, a beautiful, high-powered Hollywood agent, died just a few days before, drowned in her pool during an early- morning swim, the fifth woman in the class whose life has come to a sudden, mysterious end.
  christinejoseph | Aug 25, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book, which appealed to me from the very first page. Warning: It is a highly addictive book, which was difficult to put down! This was finished on the same day it was started - although in the early hours of the morning. I like the fast moving paced of books by Mary Higgins Clark, and the way they keep you guessing throughout the book about 'Who Did It'. As the book moved on I kept changing my mind about who 'The Owl' was, but still got it wrong. Curses!
If like fast moving suspense books that keep you fully engaged I would recommend this book. Enjoy! ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |

Mary Higgins Clarkprimary authorall editionscalculated
Quijada, EncarnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The definition of an owl had always pleased him: A night bird of prey...sharp talons and soft plumage which permits noiseless flight...applied figuratively to a person of nocturnal habits. "I am the owl," he would whisper to himself after he had selected his prey, "and nighttime is my time."
For Vincinet Viola, a proud West Point graduate,
and his lovely wife, Theresa,
with affection and friendship
It was the third time in a month he had come to Los Angeles to observe her daily activities.
Audiobook - Unknown if abridged or unabridged

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074341263X, Mass Market Paperback)

From the "Queen of Suspense," Mary Higgins Clark, comes a riveting tale of suspense, secrets and revenge.

Historian Jean Sheridan returns to Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York, excited about her twenty-year high-school reunion at Stonecroft Academy. But a dear friend of hers soon becomes the fifth woman in the class to meet a sudden, mysterious end. Then Jean receives a taunting fax about a child she gave up for adoption, whose existence she had kept a secret but whose life may now be in danger. For present at the reunion is The Owl, a murderer on a mission of vengeance against women who once humiliated him...and Jean is his final intended victim.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:59 -0400)

College dean and prominent historian Jean Sheridan heads to her hometown of Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York, where she is slated to be honored at her twenty-year class reunion, not realizing she is the target of a former classmate who has concocted a plan to get even with all the people who tortured him as a youth.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,462,894 books! | Top bar: Always visible