Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn

Kitty's House of Horrors

by Carrie Vaughn

Series: Kitty Norville (7)

6974913,645 (4)21
    No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong (flemmily)
    flemmily: Another book about paranormals in a reality tv show. More "adult content" though.

I think I practically inhaled this book. Really started around 4:30pm and its 8:15pm. It reads fast and furious. An awesome continuation of the series. There's death of friends and new friends made. Cormac is also out of jail, so the next book should be interesting! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Kitty what now ??? Kitty falls under the spell of a producer that wants to open the eyes of his watchers, to educate them about the supernatural. The famous supes from other 'races' will all be there. They have a loge rented, everything will be taken care of, it will be like a 2 week vacation. Tina her physic friend, Grant the magician and others she's heard of. It's supposed to be like a slumber party where we all have fun and learn. Located out in the middle of nowhere Montana. How could this go wrong ? A lot.
I loved this installment in the series. I got to learn a lot more about some of the characters I've been curious about. It was Survivor for Supes plus. This was a tough one for my girl, she had to think like Cormac. Yes, it got that bad ! There was death, tears, anger, hate, friendship, mistrust, manipulation and more in these pages. it is a wild ride not to be missed in the series. At one point when she ran to her mate Ben I teared up, they are a lovely couple. You'll see, it will yank at your heart too. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I really liked this book though somehow I ready Kitty goes to War before this one so it made a lot more sense when I finally read it.

It took me a total of three hours to read the entire book. I just couldn't put it down.

The characters were well written and without giving away any spoilers several people that I like died which made me sadfaced.

I was happy though that Cormac FINALLY made parole ( )
  wanderingwynd | Oct 27, 2015 |
Kitty agrees to go on a Big Brother type of show with supernaturals only to find that the plan is to pick them off one at a time. Kitty is determined to survive and to save her friends that she's with at this.

Kitty realises that she can be a leader and the possibly she needs to step up and ensure that her people are safe. The hunters are determined to kill, and it did feel both breakneck and scary for a while there. I knew that Kitty Survived, there are more books in the series with her name, but I wasn't sure how many more would and was swept up by the story.

I enjoyed the read and want more, there wasn't much really that went on in this story except Kitty learning more about herself and finding that her pack is more than just her fellow werewolves, that those she cares for are really pack, that that's a pretty big growth moment for her, easy to gloss over. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jun 10, 2015 |
That was a heck of a lot of WTF. I'm still in shock. So many people dead so quickly and for what a few psychos?!?

I'm so glad the epilogue ended on an up note because man, this book really took the punch out of me. It was at the same time so compelling. I often found myself listening to it outside of my normal "listening time". Carrie Vaughn is killing me, in the best possible way. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

Carrie Vaughnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gavin, MargueriteNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Daniel and Mike

Comrades in Arms
I knew if I stayed in this business long enough, I’d get an offer like this sooner or later.

Talk radio host and werewolf Kitty Norville has agreed to appear on TV's first all-supernatural reality show. She's expecting cheesy competitions and manufactured drama starring shapeshifters, vampires, and psychics. But what begins as a publicity stunt will turn into a fight for her life. The cast members, including Kitty, arrive at the remote mountain lodge where the show is set. As soon as filming starts, violence erupts and Kitty suspects that the show is a cover for a nefarious plot. Then the cameras stop rolling, cast members start dying, and Kitty realizes she and her monster housemates are ironically the ultimate prize in a very different game.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,193,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible