Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll

Jabberwocky

by Lewis Carroll

Jabberwocky is a classic nonsense poem that tells the story of a young boy killing a formidable beast.
  Auhewitt | Mar 5, 2018 |
Loved it !

I am a huge fan of nonsense, the absurd and made up words, which I have done my whole life. My pets are not exempt, my cat Francine gets called Franuschka and when I baby talk them, often times it is with silly made up words.

A ( )
  REINADECOPIAYPEGA | Jan 11, 2018 |
Lewis Carroll may have been as mad as his hatter, but during his time he's rewritten how imagination should look. Jabberwocky has shown that. It seemingly makes no sense all while making perfect sense at the same time. This poem would have to be broken down and examined for children to understand it. ( )
  rparks | Nov 10, 2016 |
The poem in full is at the beginning of the book. I read this first and it was hard tor read. I read it again and it made more sense the second time through. I was then pleasantly surprised when I saw that the pages in the book were the poem broken down by illustrations. I really liked that. The pictures were unique and I liked that the illustrator made the monster full of gears (like a robot) rather then killing something "real" and carrying the head away. It was fitting for a kid - like it should have been.
  kannefarmer | Oct 27, 2016 |
discusses a fun tail of different characters as they fight a jabberwocky.
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 24, 2016 |

Lewis Carrollprimary authorall editionscalculated
Myers, ChristopherIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
'Twas Brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe.
".... O frabjous Day! Callooh! Callay!"

An imaginative interpretation of the famed poem.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:29 -0400)

The illustrations set the classic nonsense poem taken from "Through the Looking Glass" in medieval times.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,075,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible