Patriot Games by Tom Clancy

Patriot Games (original 1998; edition 1992)

by Tom Clancy (Author)

While vacationing in London, CIA analyst Jack Ryan saves the Prince and Princess of Wales from a terrorist attack and gains the gratitude of a nation and the enmity of its most dangerous men.
Member:hosier
Title:Patriot Games
Authors:Tom Clancy (Author)
Info:Berkley (1992), Edition: Later Printing, 1 pages
Collections:Rosie's Books

Work Information

Patriot Games by Tom Clancy (1998)

English (58)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (1)  All languages (63)
I really liked Hunt for Red October, so I was looking forward to this. The beginning didn't disappoint, and was very engaging. The middle was very slow. (I hit my "this feels like pure filler" point during Ryan's plane ride home. It was very long and very descriptive -which I generally have no problem with from Tom Clancy- but had nothing to do with pushing the plot along.) And the end left something to be desired. Jack Ryan loses the intelligence and impulsive, occasional streaks of heroism he had going for him, and becomes a foolish guy who's nearly super-human. ( )
  Allyoopsi | Jun 22, 2022 |
8-Jun-2020 15-Jun-2020 ( )
  merle.krehmeyer | Apr 27, 2022 |
Quite different, especially the denouement, from the movie! All-in-all, and this is a rare statement from me, the movie was better. It was tighter and actually more action packed.

I drive from DC to the Eastern Shore more than a dozen times a year, so I can easily envision the cliffs surrounding the Ryan home, but the ability to traverse the grounds to get to the house with all the bad actors (and good) with guns wasn't, for me, easily understandable. And getting a pregnant women just a few days (not weeks) away from childbirth was not too realistic.

But. I'm glad I read it. ( )
  kaulsu | Apr 19, 2022 |

Clancy, Tomprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
brick, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ratzkin, LawrenceCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Watkins, France-MarieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Een jong gezin wordt het onontkoombaar doelwit van meedogenloze terroristen.
FOR WANDA
Ryan was nearly killed twice in half an hour.
Als verdorven lieden hun krachten bundelen , moeten goede mensen zich verenigen; anders zullen zij één voor één ten onder gaan, als naamloze slachtoffers in een verwerpelijke strijd. (Edmund Burke).
Im Polnischen auch unter dem Titel "Czas Patriotów" (Stunde der Patrioten) veröffentlicht.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,997,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible