Spartan Gold (A Sam and Remi Fargo…

Spartan Gold (A Sam and Remi Fargo Adventure) (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Clive Cussler (Author)

Series: Fargo Adventure (1)

Treasure hunters Sam and Remi Fargo are shocked to discover a bottle of a rare wine taken from Napoleon's lost cellar. However, someone else is also searching for this treasure.
Member:ScottH4570
Title:Spartan Gold (A Sam and Remi Fargo Adventure)
Authors:Clive Cussler (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons (2010), Edition: Reprint, 528 pages

Spartan Gold by Clive Cussler (2009)

very witty and adventurous, cool locations, but it was missing something. I enjoyed the story anyway. a fun read. ( )
  JosephKingman | Jul 17, 2021 |
This is my first ever Clive Cussler - he's really popular at the library so I said screw it and decided to give one of his books a chance. Its not great literature but it's entertaining and fast paced. It's like a modern day uber-wealthy Indiana Jones going on adventures with his wife (if he had one). I liked the history aspect of it and it was fast paced - there is never a slow moment. Treasure hunting team Sam and Remy Fargo stumble upon a World War II German U-boat in in the Pocomoke Swamp - the fact that a German vessel made it inland with no one ever knowing is impressive but what is even more impressive is what they find inside - an old French wine bottle. Could it be part of Napoleon's lost cellar? They soon realize they aren't the only ones on the treasure hunt, Hadeon Bondaruk, a half Russian, half Persian millionaire will do whatever it takes to stop the Fargos and seize their research - could it be there is another layer to the mystery? Great listening for the car - I think I'll continue with the series. ( )
  ecataldi | May 10, 2021 |
An enjoyable, but fast-paced read. A lot of ground, literately and figuratively, is covered within the pages.

Nice to meet some more of Cussler's characters - the Fargos. ( )
  PhillipThomas | Jan 30, 2021 |
Love this series. The Fargos are hilarious. They remind me of a couple but can't place it. ( )
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
  cfulton20 | Dec 5, 2018 |
The Fargos are interesting characters who should develop along with the series, and Cussler gives us his usual history lesson tied to a fast-moving thriller.

Clive Cusslerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blackwood, Grantsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Sam Frgo si alzò dalla posizione accovacciata che aveva assunto e guardò la moglie, immersa nella fanghiglia fino alla cintola.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,339,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible