Oxford NIV Scofield Study Bible

by C. I. Scofield, C. I. Scofield

Dr. C. I. Scofield's classic study system and 1917 notes form the core of this definitive resource. A crisp, red letter typeface enhances this Bible's usefulness. Large, 10-point print makes this edition particularly attractive for preacher and people with vision difficulties.Features include book introductions, chronologies, concordance, subject chain references, comprehensive and subject indexes and full color Oxford Bible Maps, with index.… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

I love the KJV! Be sure to cross reference the Scofield Notes with other commentaries. While they are, for the most part, very good there are other commentaries that seem to have a better understanding of current events during the writing and the dating of some books (N.T.). ( )
  282Mikado | Apr 15, 2022 |
Case 8 shelf 4
  semoffat | Aug 26, 2021 |
My father's study Bible. ( )
  Gmomaj | May 20, 2021 |
Thumb-indexed. ( )
  ME_Dictionary | Mar 20, 2020 |
Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |

Scofield, C. I.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Scofield, C. I.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Please combine only the editions edited by C.I. Scofield here - the 1909 Scofield Reference Bible and its 1917 revision. These can be a little difficult to identify because it's now in the public domain and reprinted by a lot of presses other than Oxford, often with words like "Original" or "Old" in the title. If it's not for the KJV translation, it isn't this one.

The "New Scofield Reference Bible" is a 1967 (and hence in copyright) revision by an editorial committee chaired by E. Schuyler English. It's reprinted under the title "The Oxford Scofield Study Bible". It's a different work, available for at least 4 translations - KJV, NASB, NIV and NKJV.

The "Scofield Study Bible III" is yet a third work, a 2003 revision, again by Oxford, available in quite a lot of Bible translations.
This LT work distinguishes The New Scofield Reference Bible (Oxford University Press; 1967) both from early editions of Dr. C.I. Scofield's The Scofield Reference Bible and from various editions of The Scofield Study Bible. No attempt is yet made at distinguishing between translations (i.e., KJV, RSV, NIV, etc.). Please maintain the distinctions between this "New" work and other editions, but make further separations based on translation as appropriate. Thank you.
There is also an LT work page for various Scofield Study Bibles under C.I. Scofield as the author.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,261,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible