Mind Programming: From Persuasion and…

Mind Programming: From Persuasion and Brainwashing, to Self-Help and…

by Eldon Taylor

72None252,666 (3.17)None

No reviews
If acts of goodness be not accumulated,

they are not sufficient to give their finish to one's name;

if acts of evil be not accumulated,

they are not sufficient to destroy one's life.

The inferior man thinks that small acts of goodness

are of no benefit and does not do them,

and that small deeds of evil do no harm

and does not abstain from them.

Hence his wickedness becomes great

till it cannot be covered and

his guilt becomes great

till it cannot be pardoned.

--The Ethics of Confucius, edited by Miles Menander Dawson
To my sons:

Roy Kenneth, whose intellect keeps me honest;

and William James, whose heart keeps me grateful.

I love you both!
It may surprise you to know that a hotly debated issue among many academics today is essentially an argument for the absence of free will.
I actually divide belief into three components that must be activated in the proper sequence to manifest using the inner genie. These components are:

1. The emotional input that's passionate and convinced

2. The confidence/mental element that can simply and truly visualize something and then let it go, knowing it will happen

3. The spiritual sincerity that realizes at the deepest level of our beings that we're a gift from the Creator. Knowing that, we release our vision, for we believe this or something better, according to the highest good of all concerned.
Music rhythms, eye elevations and fixations, and flashing sequences of a light intensity difference, among other techniques, can have hypnotic effects.
Many hypnotherapists favor indirect suggestion, which can bring about compliance. This technique operates chiefly through internal decisions. A very simple form exists in alternative-decision closes. For example, a salesman never asks for the sale. He simply turns the contract around and asks, "Do you want to use your pen or mine?"

A hypnotist may have the subject imagine a magnet on his forehead and another in the palm of his hand to produce an arm levitation, a common induction procedure. The hypnotist asks the subject to sense the magnets and decide: "Is the magnetic force stronger from the hand to the head or from the head to the hand?" In other words, which is the strongest magnet? The answer doesn't matter. The point is that the question presupposes a magnetic force, and internal consistency requires that it will pull the hand to the head. Voila - the hypnotist has control of the subject's body. Does this seem like any of the sales dialogues you've read about or experienced yourself?

In the last few years we have experienced a technology explosion that has granted us a wealth of luxuries and opportunities. 'Mind Programming' is an amazing book on the profusion of research that has been carried out simply to discover ways to control your every thought and desire.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,034,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible