Finding Grace by Rhea Rhodan

Finding Grace

by Rhea Rhodan

Favorite quotes:

“Oh, you noticed, did you? That leotard doesn’t hide much besides her skin, does it? Not like those rags she runs around in. I was so disappointed the first time I saw her in it. But it appears my loss is your gain. And oh my, what a gain! Mm-mmm!”
Without taking his eyes off Thorne, Dagger shifted, wishing his jeans weren’t suddenly so goddamn tight, and said, “Take your eyes off my fucking ‘gain’ if you want to keep seeing through them, Trent.”

**********

“My advice to you, Joe, is to pick up a damn shovel, clean up whatever shit you can and learn how to shut your fucking mouth while you still have all of your teeth and can breathe through your nose.”
  BeegPanda | Aug 2, 2015 |
Intriguing characters, an interesting plot, well-written...what else could you ask for? Thorne and Dagger are both afraid to love and scarred by personal horrors. Grace Thorne is damaged, inside and out, but she's tough and determined to survive. Jack Daggery has his own defenses but he too, wrestles with personal demons. Yet both are destined for each other. A compelling and action-filled love story that will leave you smiling. ( )
  ClarissaJohal | Apr 25, 2015 |
I did not want to put this book down, which is perhaps the biggest compliment I can make about a book. I started it in the afternoon and finished somewhere around 2:30 in the morning. (Luckily I didn’t have to make dinner.) The main characters, Thorne (Grace) and Dagger (Jack Daggery) are two broken people, one bearing literal and figurative scars, the other, a scary hulk of a man whose past actions haunt him. They’re brought together in the beginning in the most unlikely circumstance and feel an immediate connection –- though not romantic at first. (Dagger experiences internal conflict, having feelings for Thorne but thinking she is a he.) The story explores the gradual relationship between the two, the barriers that are worn down, with a whole lot of action in between. I didn’t know where the action was going to take me, so I went along for the ride, and it didn’t disappoint. Two thumbs up! ( )
  mclesh | Sep 2, 2014 |
It's books like these that make me wish I was better at reviews! I loved this novel from the first page. Rhea has a way of reeling you in with amazing characters and keeping you there with a great story. I can't say enough how hard it was to put this down every night. I look forward to more from this author. ( )
  JuneKramin | May 10, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,536,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible