The Secret Laws of Attraction: The…

The Secret Laws of Attraction: The Effortless Way to Get the Relationship…

by Talane Miedaner

Relationship self-help book that reads more like pop psychology in the I'm Okay, You're Okay vein. I read this for professional development after hearing Miedaner talk about how most people are unaware of what they need, so they are very ineffective at getting those things (e.g., to be accepted, to achieve, for security, to be touched). She noted at the time that people who are good at recognizing and feeding others' needs get ahead in business, and she touted her own book as a place to learn more. Well, she got me.

In any event, Miedaner believes that most of us fulfill our emotional needs badly. We don't know what those needs are, we rely too much on our partners, we don't ask for what we need, we look to coworkers and other people who aren't close enough for inappropriate need fulfillment. 80% of this book is devoted to helping people identify their top four emotional needs and get them fulfilled in healthy ways (in her world, thus rendering you healthy enough to get a mate who really does fit well into your life). Miedaner also discusses establishing boundaries and enforcing them politely but firmly (boundaries like "don't interrupt me") and figuring out and living values to be happy in addition to no longer miserable.

Pretty useful book, all told. I would just recommend picking and choosing through the middle sections that discuss each of the needs, as they got a bit repetitive. (And oh, if only some of her examples went beyond the limited scene of boy-girl sex-love relationships...) ( )
  pammab | Dec 17, 2010 |
If you are, had been, or want to be in a relationship, this book is for you. The author offers easy to follow and practical guides about attracting things and people into your life. The quizzes the author has throughout the book are also fun and interesting to take. ( )
  laws | Oct 13, 2009 |

Use these laws of attraction to effortlessly attain your heart's desire.

“If you don't need it, you are more likely to attract it.” If our emotional needs are unmet, we repel what we most desire. When we've fulfilled our needs--such as the need to be cherished, the need to be heard, and the need for harmony--we are naturally attractive to potential love interests.

“Like attracts like.” When we are fully living our core values, we effortlessly attract others with similar values.

It sounds simple. The trick is learning how to apply these laws in your everyday life--and international bestselling author and noted life coach Talane Miedaner shows you how. This easy-to-follow guide provides a comprehensive quiz to help you identify your top four emotional needs and includes step-by-step instructions on how to meet those needs. Once you start embracing your passion and living your dreams, you instantly become more attractive to others. It's truly the “effortless” way to find and keep the love of your life.

"Talane is a masterful life coach--she is the living embodiment of the laws of attraction."
--Sandy Vilas, MCC, CEO of Coach U, Inc.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,890,591 books! | Top bar: Always visible