The Crucifix Killer by Chris Carter

The Crucifix Killer (original 2009; edition 2018)

by Chris Carter (Author)

Series: Robert Hunter (1)

FROM THE AUTHOR OF THE SUNDAY TIMES NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER THE CALLER. When the body of a young woman is discovered in a derelict cottage in Los Angeles, Robert Hunter is thrown into a nightmare case. The victim suffered a terrible death, and on the nape of her neck has been carved a strange double-cross: the signature of a psychopath known as the Crucifix Killer. But that's impossible. Because two years ago, the Crucifix Killer was caught and executed. Could this therefore be a copycat killer? Or could the unthinkable be true? Is the real killer still out there, ready to embark once again on a vicious and violent killing spree, selecting his victims seemingly at random, taunting Robert Hunter with his inability to catch him? Hunter and his rookie partner, Garcia, need to solve this case and fast. 'A gripping debut ... Not for the squeamish' Heat 'A page turner' Express… (more)
Member:tj1andar
Title:The Crucifix Killer
Authors:Chris Carter (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster UK (2018), Edition: Reissue, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading, To read

Work Information

The Crucifix Killer by Chris Carter (2009)

English (18)  German (2)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (23)
This was an amazing book! I hadn't read this author before and I was pleasantly surprised as I have now found another author to add to my list. The book gripped me from the first page and kept up the tempo all the way to the end. The story revolves around Detective Hunter and his partner trying to track down a serial killer that is not suppose living as the killer was suppose to have been executed years ago. But victims are stacking up with a carved crucifix on their neck and the detective with the help of his partner is on the streets trying to capture the killer before anyone else becomes a victim.

This book was fast paced, throwing suspense, tension, and nail biting atmosphere into the mix along with some twists and turns at the end which caught me completely off guard. Giving it four stars for keeping me entertained! ( )
  BookNookRetreat7 | Jul 25, 2022 |
Detective Hunter was just assigned a new partner, which is good because an old case has started up again. They thought they had the killer, so how is it possible the Crucifix Killer is back at it? This is a tight, suspenseful thriller that will keep you guessing throughout. Great characters, tons of twists and turns and edge of your seat suspense make this an excellent first in the series. [b:The Crucifix Killer|6479723|The Crucifix Killer (Robert Hunter, #1)|Chris Carter|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1327581626s/6479723.jpg|6670952] ( )
  Jen_Bartels | Jul 7, 2021 |
A good page turner, a bit gory in parts.
I will definitely read more from this author ( )
  karenshann | Dec 31, 2019 |
This book is just a one big giant mess, but not in immensely terrible way, but in immensely good way, for on one hand it's filled with so much gore that you find it easy to put it down, ignore it, and put it aside, and on the other hand it's filled with such a twisted story line that keeps evolving throughout the book that you find it immensely hard to put it down, ignore it, and put it aside. It all depends on whether or not you stomach can handle some masterfully written scenes. Which is proof right there that Chris Carter has got a lot of potential to become one of the best Thriller writers out there in a matter of years. For this man has created another man, a truly brilliant man who knows way too much because he reads too much that goes by the name Robert Hunter. Robert Hunter, a homicide detective that fights with and hunts for world's craziest monsters out there who are ready to do anything for justice they didn't receive, and he does it by connecting the dots and solving the craziest crimes committed. So, if you're a thriller book fan, or even a thriller newbie, and your stomach can handle the gore, then don't hesitate, go to the library, or a local book store, grab this book, pay for it, put it on your bookshelf, read it when opportunity presents itself to you, and write a honest review. For if my sincere thoughts and my book reviews mean something after these past few weeks, you shall thank me later and you won't be sorry at all, for Chris Carter is a truly brilliant writer who shall keep you turn page after page after page, all the way to its truly brilliant twist that even shocked my beautiful mind. ( )
  Champ88 | Dec 25, 2019 |
I am still amazed that I never heard of this author until recently. Leave it to your local librarian to make suggestions that are on target! This is the first book by this author in what is now a series starring Homicide Detective Robert Hunter. In this first book, people are being killed in a manner that makes each one suffer unbearably before they are finally killed. It is up to Hunter and his new partner to try to figure out how these deaths are connected and who is responsible for their deaths. We find out along the way why Hunter is alone, what happens when he takes a chance on having a relationship and what happened to his last partner. The action never ceases in this difficult to put down book. I am about to start the second book in this series soon, which says it all. ( )
  Susan.Macura | Mar 30, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,834,716 books! | Top bar: Always visible