Revenge of the Sith by George Lucas

Revenge of the Sith (original 2005; edition 2005)

by George Lucas (Director), Jimmy Smits (Actor), Frank Oz (Actor), Ewan McGregor (Actor), Natalie Portman (Actor)25 more, Hayden Christensen (Actor), Ian McDiarmid (Actor), Samuel L. Jackson (Actor), Anthony Daniels (Actor), Christopher Lee (Actor), Keisha Castle-Hughes (Actor), Silas Carson (Actor), Jay Laga'aia (Actor), Bruce Spence (Actor), Wayne Pygram (Actor), Temuera Morrison (Actor), Oliver Ford Davies (Actor), Ahmed Best (Actor), Rohan Nichol (Actor), Jeremy Bulloch (Actor), Amanda Lucas (Actor), Kenny Baker (Actor), Peter Mayhew (Actor), Joel Edgerton (Actor), Bonnie Piesse (Actor), Genevieve O'Reilly (Actor), Christopher Kirby (Actor), Nick Gillard (Actor), James Earl Jones (Actor), George Lucas (Actor)

Member:fnkelley
Title:Revenge of the Sith
Authors:George Lucas (Director)
Other authors:Jimmy Smits (Actor), Frank Oz (Actor), Ewan McGregor (Actor), Natalie Portman (Actor), Hayden Christensen (Actor)24 more, Ian McDiarmid (Actor), Samuel L. Jackson (Actor), Anthony Daniels (Actor), Christopher Lee (Actor), Keisha Castle-Hughes (Actor), Silas Carson (Actor), Jay Laga'aia (Actor), Bruce Spence (Actor), Wayne Pygram (Actor), Temuera Morrison (Actor), Oliver Ford Davies (Actor), Ahmed Best (Actor), Rohan Nichol (Actor), Jeremy Bulloch (Actor), Amanda Lucas (Actor), Kenny Baker (Actor), Peter Mayhew (Actor), Joel Edgerton (Actor), Bonnie Piesse (Actor), Genevieve O'Reilly (Actor), Christopher Kirby (Actor), Nick Gillard (Actor), James Earl Jones (Actor), George Lucas (Actor)
Info:Lucasfilm (2015)
Collections:Your library, Have Read
Tags:fiction, science fiction, science fiction film, action/adventure film, film, Star Wars Saga

Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [film] by George Lucas (Director) (2005)

Acting: 4.5; overall good acting from this cast, featuring mostly returning stars.
Theme: 5.0; Anakin Skywalker continues his descent, accomplishing several feats that catapult him deeper to the dark side and right into the grasp of the evil Darth Sidious, who plots for the destruction of the Jedi at the hands of his new apprentice.
Content: 4.5; the normal fare of Star Wars films, including lightsaber and blaster battles; several major characters die, and there is one sequence involving a character burning alive, and you get to see the after effects.
Language: 5.0; nothing objectionable.

If I could rate a film higher than 5 stars, than that film would be Revenge of the Sith. Whenever I think of my favorite Star Wars film, this instantly comes to mind. It is definitely a tight race between this and The Empire Strikes Back, and at times I could flip either direction. While more people tend to vote the latter as the best Star Wars film in the saga (and I certainly can't fault them for that), I just tend to find a ton of enjoyment in Episode III. That love stems from more than just the content held within this chapter. Episode III was the first Star Wars I saw in theaters, and it was the first to come out when I actually could comprehend and really care about the movies. Throughout the months building up to the film's release, I remember all the promotions and the fun I had enjoying them. But beyond that, I love Revenge of the Sith for what it presents to the entire saga. We finally get to see the transformation of the young, heroic Anakin Skywalker into the diabolical Darth Vader. We get to see the collapse of Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi's friendship as the tight bond between the two breaks due to complications forced upon them by Darth Sidious, who is all the while formulating the entire destruction of the Jedi and the upheaval of the Galactic Republic. Ultimately, this chapter sets the stage for the rest of the series. I grew up with Revenge of the Sith (and the other prequels), and to me, this WAS Star Wars throughout my childhood. My favorite era of the saga is the Clone Wars and surrounding time periods. Simply put, Revenge of the Sith represents the basic outline for any Star Wars film: it has the action and storytelling we've come to expect from George Lucas. More lore about the Sith is explored, and we finally get to see the climactic duel that leaves Darth Vader in the broken state he is in that forces him to don the intimidating suit of black armor that we have come to combine with the man under it as one whole character. To me, this has been and, I'm sure, always will be my go-to Star Wars film, right alongside The Empire Strikes Back. The acting is spot-on, better than the previous prequels, and the action is there constantly (it even opens up with a space battle!). We get the most lightsaber duels of any film in this one (five; the next highest is a draw between Episodes I and II, both of which have two). I can't express the need for anyone to watch this movie. Not only does it connect all the dots and all the key plot points for the Star Wars saga, but it stands on its own as a tragic story about the fall from the galaxy's hero into the greatest evil it has ever known. Definitely check this one out, no matter what. You won't be disappointed. ***Watched September 28, 2018* ( )
  DarthTindalus | Sep 29, 2018 |
Acting: 4.5; Theme: 5.0; Content: 4.5; Language: 5.0; Overall: 5.0; The Jedi meet their match with the Sith in this continuing saga. Unfortunately, the Jedi lose one their own to the "dark side"- Anakin Skywalker. Emperor Palpatine (Darth Sidious) is discovered by the Jedi as he orchestrates the overthrow of the Republic and the Jedi. Anakin is not aware that the Emperor is turning him against his true friends and family. Anakin plays right into hands of the evil Sidious, as he moves further and further from the good side. Highly recommend. ***September 28, 2018*** (Watched with Jonathan) ( )
  jntjesussaves | Sep 28, 2018 |
War distracts from political machinations... in space!

Perfectly okay. A lot of the action is fun. It has its share of cringe-inducing awful scenes, but nowhere near what the other two prequels have.

Concept: B

Mayhew, PeterActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGregor, Ewansecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Oz, Franksecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Portman, Nataliesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

As the Rebel leaders map their strategy for an all-out attack on the Emperor's newer, bigger and dreaded, Death Star, Han Solo remains frozen and imprisoned in the cavernous desert fortress of Jabba the Hutt, the most loathsome outlaw in the universe, who is also keeping Princess Leia as a slave girl. Now a master of The Force, Luke Skywalker rescues his friends, but he cannot become a true Jedi Knight until he wages his own crucial battle against Darth Vader who has sworn to win Luke over to the Dark Side of The Force.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,471,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible