The New Avengers: Power by Brian Michael…

More fallout from Secret Invasion, with Luke and Jessica (and the rest of the Avengers) trying to get the baby back, which made for a good story. The different art for each characters in the #50 battle was an interesting idea. Secret Invasion Dark Reign, while giving some insight into what Osborn is up to, ultimately doesn't get much of anywhere. ( )
  teknognome | Nov 14, 2016 |
Oh thank goodness, we are finally done with all of the stupid Secret Invasion tie-ins that don't add anything to any story at all!

First is the Secret Invasion: Dark Reign one-shot, which probably should have been included in some other collection, since it really doesn't have anything to do with the New Avengers. Alex Maleev's art is, well, distinctive. His faces are really weird, and poor Namor looks hideous in this - like an aging skeevy used car salesman. However, I do like how this issue shows that, in spite of the cold exterior that she presents to the world, Emma does have emotions, and she's obviously upset over what has happened to Kitty Pryde and her inability to save Kitty. I think this is the first time I've ever read Emma having a heart. Weird.

Next come the New Avengers issues. Luke and Jessica Cage's baby has been taken by the Skrull who had been impersonating Jarvis, and now the Avengers (as well as Norman's team) are looking for the baby. Once that is resolved, the New Avengers clash with the Dark Avengers...except not really. It's not the epic battle that was promoted, but it was okay.

The best part here, I suppose, is Spidey's humor. I can finally get a dose of genuinely funny Spidey moments, and all the while I can pretend that One More Day doesn't exist. I miss this Spider-Man. Also, Clint Barton goes on national television to expose Norman Osborn and his gang of criminals, which is pretty awesome. And I love that Mockingbird is back. ( )
  schatzi | May 30, 2010 |
The last one was X-Men ephemera sort of sunk by irrelevance; this one is decent comics, not flashy but without real flaws. A meeting of Osborn's anti-Illuminati; the real Avengers' reaction to the unveiling of Osborn's new Avengers; the loss and recovery of Cage and Jessica's kid. Longer on good lines than good action sequences; the best, Spider-Man upon the revelation that the new Wolverine is the old Wolverine's kid: "You've had sex?!" Also, I love Alex Maleev's aging-sleazebag take on Namor. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Feb 15, 2010 |
The only reason this comic gets a "3" is for the skillful illustration--the strong panel layout, appealing coloring, dynamic action sequences and the fact that every superhero is supremely attractive in body-hugging spandex. The plot is just too complicated for someone who hasn't already been following this storyline of an attempted takeover of the world by alien skrull invaders. What rankled me the most about the storyline is that it includes an extra all-star cast of characters that include Captain America's buddy Bucky, inventor Tony Stark, Victor Von Doom, Namor the Submariner, a variety of Xmen as well as Avengers and last but not least, Green Goblin Norman Osborn, joke-cracking Spidey and his recently back from the skrulls female counterpart. Just because your comics company owns the rights to all those characters doesn't mean that you need to use all of them in the same storyline. This comic instilled the same kind of sense of resignation that I experience when I see Disneyworld advertisements that include Muppet Characters... ( )
1 vote kivarson | Jan 28, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078513560X, Paperback)

The Invasion is over! But who are the New Avengers!? The first major roster change since the very first issue! See who the New Avengers are and what their place in the Dark Reign is! Collects New Avengers #48-50, and Secret Invasion Dark Reign.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:15 -0400)

The invasion is over! But who are the new Avengers? See here who the new Avengers are and what their place in the Dark Reign is!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,629,586 books! | Top bar: Always visible