Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) by Rachel…

Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) (edition 2012)

by Rachel Hawkins

Series: Hex Hall (2)

After learning that she is capable of dangerous magic, Sophie Mercer goes to England with her father, friend Jenna, and Cal hoping to have her powers removed, but soon she learns that she is being hunted by the Eye--and haunted by Elodie.
Member:AllysonRida
Title:Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel)
Authors:Rachel Hawkins
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages

Work Information

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Evernight by Claudia Gray (JRlibrary)
    JRlibrary: Both books involve a romance that shouldn't be allowed to happen; where the person the main character falls for is "the enemy" and someone to be avoided. They are also both series. Read Hex Hall before you read Demonglass though, since Demonglass is book two in the series.… (more)

English (129)  Piratical (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (131)
Everyone is making some truly baffling choices. ( )
  mutantpudding | Mar 10, 2024 |
Demonglass was an excellent addition to the Hex Hall series.

I love Rachel Hawkin's writing. It gives me nostalgic vibes because this was literally written when I was in high school. I had always meant to pick up this series, but I could never find the first book! This book was easy to find, so it has been sitting on my shelf for quite a while. Then I stumbled across Hex Hall, and the rest is history.

Sophie, Cal and Jenna get sent off to be with Sophie's Dad for the summer. She is supposed to learn more about herself and her demon abilities, but things just get messy. Archer is also in the U.K., and may be near her. Cal is.... duh duh duhhhh.... apart of an arrangement marriage with her and Sophie sees Elodie's ghost. People are not what they appear to be... and fights breakout.

This book was super fast paced and full of drama. I loved every second of it! I honestly wish I had the final book in this series because I was hooked! The predictable love triangle was welcomed by me and I was totally obsessed with the typical YA structure. Honestly, this book is just fun for me! It brings back wonderful memories from high school! Back in those days, a lot of the books followed these trends. It made me feel young again! Good boy, bad boy and poor old Sophie. Best friend with a love interest but isn't giving her super best friend a lot of attention. Jerky adults who don't understand.

The story left me on a cliffhanger, wanting to know what's going to happen with Sophie, Archer and Cal. I'm Team Cal, I'll wear the t-shirt, but I feel like it's not gonna end that way.

Overall, super fun! I loved it Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more!

Four out of five stars. ( )
  Briars_Reviews | Aug 4, 2023 |
Just like the first book in the series, this sequel takes you on an interesting ride. a ride full of suspense, romance and a lot of Urban Fantasy. This book will follow Sophie and her friend Jenna to England, where Sophie agreed to spend the summer with father....... ( )
  Ivy_Skye | Apr 5, 2023 |
This is one of my new favorites-great sense of humor and a swell story. ( )
  Harks | Dec 17, 2022 |
I actually liked this one a little better than the first book. Although most of the same problems from Hex Hall also occur in this one, namely underdeveloped characters and plot, and poor world-building, there was a little more depth in this book. There are a couple of surprising plot twists and the storyline is overall a little more complex. I liked the humour better this time around too; it relied less on pop culture references and the sarcasm wasn't so constant that it became annoying. The first half of the book was rather lackluster, mostly because not much was really happening. I didn't find Nick and Daisy all that interesting, and the (practically non-existent) love triangle was too forced. Really, what was the point of even writing Cal into the book? He was mostly useless (except for some healing here and there, which could have been a power given to another character, and then we wouldn't have had that useless love triangle that wasn't really a love triangle). ( )
  serru | Oct 6, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

For John, who said, "You know what this book needs? More fire. And maybe some swords" This one time, honey, you were right.
At a normal high school, having class outside on a gorgeous May day is usually pretty awesome.

Sophie Mercer's first term at Hex Hall turned out to be quite eventful. First the ghost of her evil grandmother haunted her every move, then her best friend was accused of murder and of course there was the discovery that Archer Cross, aka the boy of her dreams, was actually an undercover demon hunter - which would probably be something she could have worked on, if she hadn't also discovered that she was actually the demon Archer was hunting...So, despite their issues, Sophie is actually relieved to be spending the summer in London with her father. But when your father is Head of The Council of Prodigium and your summer is being spent at the headquarters of everything magical, then a quiet holiday isn't really that likely. And, as Sophie struggles to come to terms with her new found demon powers, she finds herself thrust once again into a world of dark magic and conspiracies. The only thing that could possibly make things more complicated would be for Archer Cross to show up again, which of course he wouldn't, would he?

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,714,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible