Storm Watch by Jill Shalvis

Storm Watch

by Jill Shalvis

3.5 stars ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
I adore Shalvis' writing. This was a good story, though a bit on the short side. I wish we'd had more page time to fully explore the heroine and her issues. As it was, I enjoyed the story but wasn't as connected to the characters and I'd have liked. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Jason Mauer lost his best friend while serving with the National Guard, doing rescue work. Now he's set for some rest. However Lizzy Mann, his best friend, needs help to get her sister Cece to safety. Cece is heavily pregnant and there's a storm coming, a big storm. The two of them battle to stay alive and help who they can.

The story isn't bad, quite readable really. I liked the characters, even if things came across as a bit contrived occasionally. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 3, 2012 |
Jason is home on leave from the National Guard after his partner and best friend Matt was killed in the line of duty. The only thing is, a freak hurricane decided to hit his home the day after he got there - in California. Awakened by his high school crush, Lizzy, asking for help in finding her about-to-pop pregnant sister, they slog through Santa Rey's waterlogged streets to Cece's house and, not finding her, fall into bed with each other. Meanwhile, Cece, trying to get to Lizzy, is now in a Humvee with her next-door neighbor, badass-turned-sweety Hunter - and the baby's coming NOW.

Okay, so it was fluff. But decent fluff. My summary makes it seem much worse than it was, lol. Believe me, I've seen much MUCH worse from Harlequin Blaze, and I actually did enjoy the book. It's staying around on my romance bookshelf. ( )
  ankhet | Mar 19, 2010 |
To Brenda Chin, for letting me write all these sexy firefighters and military heroes my way. Okay, it's your way, but you let me think it's my way. The mark of a great editor...
Jason Mauer staggered through the fifty-mile-an-hour winds and into the house with three things on his mind - food, sleep and sex.

Subject: Jason Mauer, National Guard.
Current status: Homeward bound.
Mission: Getting some R & R!
Obstacle: Lizzy Mann.
Sexy blast from the past.

After battling a hurricane of catastrophic proportions, Jason needs some downtime—badly! But there's no rest for the heroic. During another deluge, Jason's savior skills are suddenly in demand… by his hot friend Lizzy.

She's fiercely independent. But that doesn't keep them from having incredible sex as they, ah, ride out the storm!

Subject: Jason Mauer, National Guard. Current status: Homeward bound. Mission: Getting some R & R! Obstacle: Lizzy Mann. Sexy blast from the past. After battling a hurricane of catastrophic proportions, Jason needs some downtime--badly! But there's no rest for the heroic. During another deluge, Jason's savior skills are suddenly in demand ... by his hot friend Lizzy. She's fiercely independent. But that doesn't keep them from having incredible sex as they, ah, "ride" out the storm! Jason knows relationships and duty don't mix. Still, he feels as if he's being swept away by a flash flood of desire for Lizzy. The permanent kind.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,549,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible