Journey to Sunset by Michael Alan Todd

Journey to Sunset

by Michael Alan Todd

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bysafracorn, MrsLee

This is the story of a family. A family which is struggling to survive in America in the 20s and 30s down in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas and eventually, California. They are hard working and trying their best to be kind and caring people, just like many American families during these times. The story follows the Boyd family as the four children grow up and find lives of their own. It is a simple tale which is heart-warming, introspective and even amusing at times.

It's possible that a good editor could have "tightened" up the story, and there are some typos, but not enough to bother me. The writing is literate, touchingly descriptive and insightful. I found the characters to be very real and easy to identify with. Sometimes it felt like reading a Laura Ingalls Wilder or Ralph Moody book; simple enough for children to enjoy, but meaty enough to interest adults. I know the author, but I feel that this is an honest appraisal of my reading experience and I would be happy to recommend this story to those of my friends who enjoy history and good clean stories. ( )
  MrsLee | May 26, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 184728308X, Paperback)

A long deep look into one family from 1920 to World War II. The comedy of a plains state farm family getting to know the changing world while war looms on the horizon. A true story of the co-pilot of the B-17 Towering Titan.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:35 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,923,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible