Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier

Sapphire Blue (2010)

by Kerstin Gier

Series: Ruby Trilogy (2)

English (61)  German (3)  All languages (64)
The second book in the series, starting with Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue was as amazing as the first. Sapphire Blue starts off right were Gwen and Gideon left off, in the church kissing. The second one is filled with the same lively and interesting characters as the first. With one addition of Xemerius, a demon ghost gargoyle, who has decided to "adopt" Gwen as his human "pet." Gwen is now starting to find out what "the mysteries" of the Secret Lodge are on her own since no one will tell her. She even meets her grandfather along the way who helps her out in finding out what's going on himself. The mystery of Count Saint-Germain may not be for the good of humanity and Gwen may not be as safe as her mum wants her to be. Still wonderfully written and believable. The characters are heart-warming and lovable (except maybe Charlotte and Aunt Glenda) and Gwen's adventures through time are just beginning.

4/5 ( )
  winterdragon | Jan 4, 2019 |
I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the first one. I read through it rather quickly because I do love the series so much, but this book just didn’t do it for me. I found myself getting really angry at all the characters and really just enjoyed it for Xemerius, a small stone gargoyle demon. ( )
  AbbieLauren2018 | Mar 12, 2018 |
The mystery keeps building! I really feel Gwen's frustration with the people around her. At the same time though, I am frustrated with how she reacts to everything that's going on. I honestly like her friend Lesley more than her right now. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |
This book (#2) is as easy read, but slightly better than the first book in the series. As more people has commented there are more time travels, meaning more action, kissing, intrigues and blood. We meet the same characters, adding a sidekick demon and a new bad guy (or is he?), and they havn't change much since the last book. Things are revealed (we finally get some answers!), making the story much more intricate and the characters more interwoven, which I really liked. There's still a lot of retelling, but the I didn't see it all coming this time. ( )
  therska | Feb 7, 2018 |

Kerstin Gierprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bell, AntheaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Frank, I could never have done it without you.
London, 14 May 1602  The streets of Southwark were dark and deserted.

Sixteen-year-old Gwen, the newest and final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve, searches through history for the other time-travelers, aided by friend Lesley, James the ghost, Xemerius the gargoyle demon, and Gideon, the Diamond, whose fate seems bound with hers.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,622,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible