Day Is Done (Peter Yarrow Songbook) by Peter…

Day Is Done (Peter Yarrow Songbook)

by Peter Yarrow

2009 (1) ABC (1) animals (7) author (2) Becky (1) bedtime (5) Blue Dot (2) CD (5) CD included (2) children (6) family (7) Family Room (1) feelings (4) fiction (3) Henry (2) Level 2 (1) love (2) music (5) musicians (1) night (3) nighttime (1) Peter Paul and Mary (1) picture (2) picture book (9) savanna (1) Serenity (1) sleep (1) song (2) songs (6) watercolor (1)

Summary:
This book is a song and a poem. Its flow and illustrations are very comforting and soothing. It's written for a son, to be comforted when he is scared. The writer is letting his son know that he will be there when he is scared.

Personal Reaction:
I read this to my children at bedtime when they have had a bad day. Though rhyming of the words and the flow of the whole book seems to help them relax.

Classroom Extensions:
This book would be great book to read at nap time or when the teacher needs the kids to just calm down. The words along with the illustrations are very calming. The CD that came with the book can be played during nap time.
After reading this book, the class can discuss how this poem makes them feel. The students can then be asked what they think about the illustrations.
  theresazeigler | Nov 11, 2014 |
#5 on the Barnes & Noble Top Ten Children's Books of 2009 list
  scote23 | Mar 30, 2013 |
Its easy for beginning children to read. The book also include a CD with beautiful music. Teach us about caring for our little ones. ( )
  Strodebl | Oct 17, 2010 |
A story about a wise father seeking to protect his son while protecting him about life and nurturing the child's inherent goodness to sustain it as llong as possible. The boy has an intuitive lack of fear and mistrust. The theme here is; how can he embrace his attitude and carry it with him into adulthood.
  sharonstrickland | Apr 16, 2010 |
Watch Bethanne Patrick interview Peter Yarrow (and sing with him!) on The Book Studio.
  thebookstudio | Jan 5, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140274806X, Hardcover)

Peter Yarrow follows the blockbuster success of Puff, the Magic Dragon with a picture book version of his beautiful song, “Day Is Done.”

As night falls, animal and human parents everywhere tenderly tuck their children into bed. In the darkness, each child—raccoon, doe, rabbit, field mouse, and a little boy—wonders: Will I be safe? Will you be there for me? And every mommy and daddy responds with the comforting words of Yarrow’s refrain: “I am here.”

Caldecott Honor-winning artist Melissa Sweet has created gorgeous images that celebrate the loving bond between parent and child, as well as the connection between all creatures of the earth.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:27 -0400)

As night falls, animal and human parents everywhere tenderly tuck their children into bed. In the darkness, each child--raccoon, doe, rabbit, field mouse, and a little boy--wonders: "Will I be safe? Will you be there for me?" And every mommy and daddy responds with the comforting words, "Yes, I am here." A picture book version of the beautiful song, "Day Is Done."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,534,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible