Angel Time (2009)

by Anne Rice

Toby O'Dare, a contract killer of underground fame is on assignment to kill once again. Into O'Dare's nightmarish world of lone and lethal missions comes a mysterious stranger, a seraph, who offers him a chance to save rather than destroy lives. O'Dare, who long ago dreamt of being a priest but instead came to embody danger and violence, seizes his chance.… (more)

English (29)  Spanish (1)  All languages (30)
Great idea...enjoyed the angel theme...little thin in plot - little kitschy but love the concept. Writing always good ( )
  leebill | Apr 30, 2020 |
This was shockingly awful from an author I love. ( )
  Lor_Mds | Nov 22, 2017 |
Tedious ( )
  turtlesleap | Jan 15, 2017 |
I liked the modern portions of the story with Toby in the hotel but once the Angel became involved, the trip to the past, etc, the book just did not hold me. I scanned through a few more chapters and then just gave up entirely.
I just love so many of her books: Servant of the Bones, Cry to Heaven, Violin, The Mummy and the first few Vampire books too. I should have been a shoe-in for it. Sadly, not. ( )
  VictoriaPL | Dec 28, 2016 |
Great book! This is a light, sweet story about a hit man who is given the chance to use his skills to help people instead of hurting them. The author does a great job with the characters - really letting you know their feelings and motivations. I liked the positive message that no matter what mistakes someone has made, there is always an opportunity for redemption and forgiveness. If you've never read an Anne Rice book or are not a fan of her darker work, this might be a good one to try. ( )
  SuzReads | Apr 24, 2014 |
Rice’s preoccupation with matters of conversion and faith pad out this short story into a tiresome historical novel that betrays frustrating glimpses of her old storytelling prowess... Angel Time is an unholy mishmash of crime story, detective novel, and second-rate inspirational fiction, but at least a Christian housewife or two will get an education on the horrors of the medieval blood-libel tradition. It’s nowhere near as much fun to be with Rice in heaven instead of hell; a little sin would do her writing a world of good.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. - Matthew 18:10 King James Version
Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. - Luke 15:10 King James Version
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash they foot against a stone. - Psalm 91:11-12 King James Version
This novel is dedicated to Christopher Rice, Karen O'Brien, Sue Tebbec, and Becket Ghioto and to the memory of my sister Alice O'Brien Borchards
There were omens from the beginning.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,319,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible