No Control by Shannon K. Butcher

The summary above is pretty detailed, so I see no need to rehash what this book is all about.

This one disappointed me. As we learned in the first book [b:No Regrets|196138|No Regrets (Delta Force, #1)|Shannon K. Butcher|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1172599465s/196138.jpg|189701], Caleb seemed disturbed after coming back from a solo mission. Not even his closest friends, Grand and David knew what was wrong with him. Well, we find out now what was eating away at him.

I lost track of how many times I wanted to just stop reading, but my curiosity got the better of me. I didn't like Lana at all! I understood her fear for her family and loved ones, as well as her need to protect them at all costs, and that was the reason why she wouldn't tell Caleb who she was afraid of. In my opinion she was a coward. After her friend Stacie got shot and her parent's house got burned down, how could she continue to keep information about the terrorists a secret? If they tortured her to be sadistic, then they could have gone after her sister and her son. The bad guys in this series seem to have no qualms about torturing and killing innocent women and children. What if other innocent people might have been harmed because she wouldn't grow a pair?

And don't get me started about the first time she actually allows Caleb to be intimate with her. After another nightmare leaves her reeling and afraid, she begs him to "make me forget". WTH? Where is her dignity? Of course Caleb isn't completely innocent in all this when he caves so easily. All the love scenes that followed afterwards, I skipped those because I felt that they popped up at weird times and the connection felt very one-sided to me.

So they get a happy ending, but I hate the fact that Lana has her aha moment so close to the end of the book that I just didn't care anymore what she did.

The highlight of this book for me was Grant. He's so adorable and I look forward to his story next. I hope he'll find a female who is more on par with Noelle rather than Lana.

MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446618667, Mass Market Paperback)

NO HIDING. Lana Hancock knows all about danger--and betrayal. Eighteen months ago, she was captured by a terrorist group known as the Swarm while one of its members, a rugged man with sinfully dark eyes, did nothing to help her. Now when she's freed and desperate to put it all behind her, the unthinkable happens. The Swarm is targeting Lana once again and the man who stood silently by has become her protector. But can she trust him? NO ESCAPE. Delta Force operative Caleb Stone will never forget the hatred shining in Lana's eyes. Ordered to take down the Swarm by infiltrating its ranks, Caleb couldn't blow his cover to save her--no matter how much it haunted him. Now, gifted with a second chance, he vows to move heaven and earth to protect her...and fulfill her every desire. But the Swarm has reorganized. It's more powerful than ever and hell-bent on revenge...NO CONTROL.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:58 -0400)

Eighteen months after being captured by a terrorist group known as the Swarm, Lana Hancock wants nothing more than to put the terror behind her, but when she is once again targeted by the Swarm, her only protector is Caleb Stone, a Delta Force operative whom she knows only as a member of the terrorist cadre.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,620,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible