Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) by…

Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) (original 2005; edition 2006)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight (1)

48,769211115 (3.78)2 / 784
When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.
Member:chr0me
Title:Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2006), Paperback, 544 pages
Rating:*
Tags:speculative fiction, ya

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (2005)

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (xcentaur)
    xcentaur: Now that you've had the starters, lets move on to better vampire lit ...
    The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause (Caramellunacy, allisongryski, jfoster_sf, rose_81, Konran)
    Caramellunacy: The Silver Kiss is a vampire romance that deals with being different and misunderstood, loneliness, grief and death - including a spree of murders. There's a definite poignancy to the relationship between Zoe and Simon that makes this well worth reading for fans of vampire lit.… (more)
    jfoster_sf: A classic vampire novel that also deals with love, loss, death, etc.
    Sunshine by Robin McKinley (infiniteletters, allisongryski, goodiegoodie, Konran)
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (_Zoe_, MyriadBooks)
    The Awakening by L. J. Smith (nicoleryan)
    nicoleryan: The Vampire Diaries has more to do with just vampires. Theres witches, wolves, and even underground demons....
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Laelatb, samkablam7, SunnySD)
    The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (VictoriaPL)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159, zippa101, Cpassmore)
    tyuiop159: They both have the same Romeo and Juliet structure.
    zippa101: It really filled that gap that twilight made.
    Vampire Academy Box Set 1-6 by Richelle Mead (Aleana)
    Betrayed by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (FFortuna)
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore (jennyellen22)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Matia414, ldelprete)
    ldelprete: this is a story in which you can really get attached to the characters. If you like to root for the underdog in stories, like jacob in twilight, then you will enjoy this series where the entire country is an underdog.
    Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (stephxsu)
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (HollyMS)
    Need by Carrie Jones (knfwalker, FFortuna, deadbookdarling)
    deadbookdarling: YA novel with the same feel as Twilight, only possibly better!
    A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb (jbarry)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)

English (2,021)  Spanish (21)  German (10)  French (9)  Finnish (8)  Dutch (8)  Swedish (6)  Italian (5)  Lithuanian (4)  Norwegian (4)  Danish (4)  Portuguese (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Catalan (3)  Japanese (1)  Latvian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Chinese, simplified (1)  All languages (2,113)
Showing 1-5 of 2021 (next | show all)
One of my favorite pieces of Escape Fiction. I love the characters and the drama and re-reading this was a perfect way to pass a Sunday afternoon. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
don't @ me ( )
  cortneycassidy | Feb 14, 2020 |
Me pareció original pero había partes en la interacción y descripciones de personajes que daba un poco de vergüenza ajena. Me he quedado en el primer libro. ( )
  jordil2 | Feb 12, 2020 |
Boy do I love new relationships. When I first started hearing about this series, I rolled my eyes and tuned it out. Honestly, who wouldn't after being told by a 14 year old with "googlie" eyes that one of the main characters "sparkles"? I also heard some people saying that it was more of a control issue between the 2 characters, and theres nothing I hate more then a controlling boyfriend. When the movie came out, and I saw some of the previews, I was alittle interested, but it took my then boyfriend buying it for me, and almost forcing it into my hands to read it. I began it in the tub, and turned prunish before I could put it down. I felt just like her! Bella and I had so many things in common, I knew I would love her! And when they introduced edward, and I stopped fanning myself from the description, I knew this was going to get interesting. I fell in love with twilight alittle late in the game, but I have come to love it as much as others who were there from the start. All in all a great read! ( )
  clove311 | Jan 9, 2020 |
The book has been reviewed a billion times, so I'm just going to bitch and moan about it. It is, in a nutshell, a guidebook: vampires teaching the unwashed (non-Mormons) how to become divine the Mormon way, a.k.a., sparkling skin without death as resurrected hotties who drive kick-ass cars and live in fancy houses. Thank you, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for giving us Mrs. Meyer and her Book of Vampire Mormons. It is truly a world apart - where a super horny teenage heroine like Bella, who is, you know, beautiful like her name, avoids all those awful substances that cast ruin upon one's corporeal existence (i.e., coffee, tea, soda, alcohol and tobacco) yet acts with such abandon she risks her life non-stop until..... she just gives it up. Well, it was for ever-lasting love to a glowing, dead, resurrected vampire she barely knows after all. She does get half a star for Edward offering up an abortion to save his wife's life. There's nothing more important to a Mormon than a woman with a fertile uterus. ( )
  tafergus70 | Jan 6, 2020 |
Showing 1-5 of 2021 (next | show all)
"Meyer's prose seldom rises above the serviceable, and the plotting is leaden" [....] "It's like reading a young teenage girl's blog"
added by GYKM | editWashington Post, Elizabeth Hand (May 26, 2010)

Astonishing, mainly for the ineptitude of her prose. Teen vampire schlock that has the nation’s youth in thrall.
added by GYKM | editDaily Telegraph, Brian MacArthur (Nov 13, 2009)

[L]et me say to you as a meat-eating, Entourage-watching, sports-loving (OK, I really don't love sports, or actually understand sports) — heterosexual man who can't sit through a single show on Lifetime television, let me loudly proclaim: I, Brad Meltzer, love the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.

I confess, I have joined the legions of the bitten and smitten.

The plot may sound rather comic and camp, but Meyer chooses to play it straight and serious. Vampires or not, what this novel is really about is a fatal attraction to someone or something dangerously different from yourself. The trajectory of the story is such that Bella's behavior and choices grow increasingly more disturbing, with irrevocable, self-destructive consequences.

Meyer, Stephenieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Twilight ( [2008]IMDb)
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. -- Genesis 2:17
For my big sister, Emily,
without whose enthusiasm this story might still be unfinished.
I'd never given much thought to how I would die—though I'd had reason enough in the last few months—but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
Breathe Bella.
You're exactly my brand of heroin.
It's twilight. It's the safest time of the day for us. The easiest part. But also the saddest, in a way. The end of another day, the return of the night.
ISBN 0316015849 is not a video recording.

I'd never given much thought to how I would die—I'd had reason enough in the last few months—but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.... Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of something else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.

What Bella doesn't realize is the closer she gets to him, the more she is putting herself and those around her at risk. And, it might be too late to turn back....

Deeply seductive and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight will have readers riveted right until the very last page is turned.

About three things I was absolutely positive.

First, Edward was a vampire.

Second, there was a part of him—and I didn't know how dominant that part might be—that thirsted for my blood.

And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

In the first book of the Twilight Saga, internationally bestselling author Stephenie Meyer introduces Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, a pair of star-crossed lovers whose forbidden relationship ripens against the backdrop of small-town suspicion and a mysterious coven of vampires. This is a love story with bite.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,361,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible