Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) by…

Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) (original 2005; edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

Series: Twilight Saga (1)

51,834218916 (3.74)2 / 799
When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.
Member:Nicki14
Title:Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 544 pages

Work Information

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (2005)

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (xcentaur)
    xcentaur: Now that you've had the starters, lets move on to better vampire lit ...
    The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause (Caramellunacy, allisongryski, jfoster_sf, rose_81, Konran)
    Caramellunacy: The Silver Kiss is a vampire romance that deals with being different and misunderstood, loneliness, grief and death - including a spree of murders. There's a definite poignancy to the relationship between Zoe and Simon that makes this well worth reading for fans of vampire lit.… (more)
    jfoster_sf: A classic vampire novel that also deals with love, loss, death, etc.
    Sunshine by Robin McKinley (infiniteletters, allisongryski, goodiegoodie, Konran)
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (_Zoe_, MyriadBooks)
    The Awakening by L. J. Smith (nicoleryan)
    nicoleryan: The Vampire Diaries has more to do with just vampires. Theres witches, wolves, and even underground demons....
    Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (_Zoe_)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Laelatb, samkablam7, SunnySD)
    Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (VictoriaPL)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159, zippa101, Cpassmore)
    tyuiop159: They both have the same Romeo and Juliet structure.
    zippa101: It really filled that gap that twilight made.
    Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (FFortuna)
    Betrayed by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    Vampire Academy Box Set 1-6 by Richelle Mead (Aleana)
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore (jennyellen22)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Matia414, ldelprete)
    ldelprete: this is a story in which you can really get attached to the characters. If you like to root for the underdog in stories, like jacob in twilight, then you will enjoy this series where the entire country is an underdog.
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (HollyMS)
    Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (stephxsu)
    Need by Carrie Jones (knfwalker, FFortuna, deadbookdarling)
    deadbookdarling: YA novel with the same feel as Twilight, only possibly better!
    Intertwined by Gena Showalter (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: great story well written.....vampires, warewolves, supernatural with a little love mixed in.
    Tithe by Holly Black (allisongryski, TheDivineOomba)

English (2,086)  Spanish (21)  German (10)  French (9)  Dutch (8)  Finnish (7)  Swedish (6)  Italian (5)  Danish (5)  Norwegian (4)  Lithuanian (4)  Catalan (3)  Portuguese (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Latvian (1)  Japanese (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Hindi (1)  Chinese, simplified (1)  All languages (2,179)
Showing 1-5 of 2086 (next | show all)
I adored this debut novel, which is not only a fantastic vampire story but a really sweet romance. The vampires are not stereotypical and the main character is likable, although naive at times. ( )
  readingjag | Nov 29, 2021 |
DNF.

The story is fun, and I do like the gender swapped characters, but it gets confusing. The last time I picked up the book, I started reading the original Twilight by accident. I wish that she hadn't gender swapped every single character. It's a bit much. Still fun though.

I'll probably go back to this when I can sit and finish it. If your a Twilight fan definitely check it out.
  ElizaTilton | Nov 5, 2021 |
After watching the movie and loving it I decided to read the book. I fell in love with Edward and Bella’s relationship, and I really liked all the vampire and werewolf stuff. Although, Edwards character was a tad creepy, but I am 100% team Edward because Jacob was so annoying. Jacob didn’t want what was best for Bella. Anyways, please read this book if your looking for a good romance about vampires. ( )
  evabaudo | Oct 31, 2021 |
2021
I want to read Midnight Sun for some reason so I'm re-reading this. I don't think I'll continue with the series. The insta-love this time around is killing me.

DNF at about 60%. The total acceptance of each other without time spent earning that acceptance and him telling her she is incapable of keeping herself safe, not from Vampires, which I would accept, but her own existence is too much!!! The author does explain some of the attraction in chapter 13 but at this point it doesn't erase my annoyance at the insta-love and the constant insistence that she is too much of a clutz to stay alive without his constant presence to protect her. ( )
  Seayla2020 | Oct 30, 2021 |
So I read Twilight last year but haven't reviewed it on here so I wanted to do it now. Twilight is what got me to fall in love with reading. I first watched the movies then decided to read the books and after the first book, I got HOOKED. The way Stephenie writes the events that are going on inside the books is always so thrilling. Everything from the classroom scene to the hospital scene at the end your heart is always pounding. Bella is a pretty unique character and the way she thinks is kind of dull to me sometimes. Then we have Edward here who is OB-SESSED with her and is interested in who she is and how she can't get affected by his special ability. One of my favorite scenes in the book is when she first finds out and Edward listens to her talking to others and is surprised that she doesn't tell everyone what he is. All in all, love this book and love Stephenie. ( )
  Fehime | Oct 24, 2021 |
Showing 1-5 of 2086 (next | show all)
"Meyer's prose seldom rises above the serviceable, and the plotting is leaden" [....] "It's like reading a young teenage girl's blog"
added by GYKM | editWashington Post, Elizabeth Hand (May 26, 2010)

Astonishing, mainly for the ineptitude of her prose. Teen vampire schlock that has the nation’s youth in thrall.
added by GYKM | editDaily Telegraph, Brian MacArthur (Nov 13, 2009)

[L]et me say to you as a meat-eating, Entourage-watching, sports-loving (OK, I really don't love sports, or actually understand sports) — heterosexual man who can't sit through a single show on Lifetime television, let me loudly proclaim: I, Brad Meltzer, love the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.

I confess, I have joined the legions of the bitten and smitten.

The plot may sound rather comic and camp, but Meyer chooses to play it straight and serious. Vampires or not, what this novel is really about is a fatal attraction to someone or something dangerously different from yourself. The trajectory of the story is such that Bella's behavior and choices grow increasingly more disturbing, with irrevocable, self-destructive consequences.

Meyer, Stephenieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sánchez Raya, María JesúsTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. -- Genesis 2:17
For my big sister, Emily,
without whose enthusiasm this story might still be unfinished.
I'd never given much thought to how I would die—though I'd had reason enough in the last few months—but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
Breathe Bella.
You're exactly my brand of heroin.
It's twilight. It's the safest time of the day for us. The easiest part. But also the saddest, in a way. The end of another day, the return of the night.
ISBN 0316015849 is not a video recording.
ISBN 031601584 is the novel.
ISBN 1904233651 is the novel.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316015849, 0316160172, 0316038377, 0316038385, 0316033413

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,458,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible