Elvis and the Grateful Dead by Peggy Webb

Elvis and the Grateful Dead

by Peggy Webb

Done ok book just not as good as first will read the next one. Don't like the tension between her separated obviously under cover police husband which the main character seems oblivious too... And main character Callie starting to see the local vet Champ... Nor did I like Elvis's behavior to the other animals in the house. ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
Elvis impersonators have invaded Tupelo and Callie is in charge of the swivel hipped gang as they travel to visit the site of Elvis' home in Tupelo. As they are ready to leave, Lovie and Callie discover one Elvis has been dying in the chapel...and other Elvis wannabe's soon follow.

It's impossible not to enjoy this book. Lovie and Callie once again try to find the murder while Elvis (the basset hound) plays the part of Callie's good luck charm. There is some good rockin' tonight as the Elvis wannabe's shake rattle and roll in attempt to become the number one Elvis impersonator (at least in Tupelo).

The Elvis books are fun to read. Webb's sense of humor shines through in her writing. It's a fun read that will leave you with a smile on your face if not a shake in your hips. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Dec 31, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I had previously read one of Peggy Webb's romances and liked it, so I requested this one through Early Reviewers. It was a serious disappointment. A rather boring mystery. I guessed the guilty party immediately after the first murder, even though the character on the surface seemed very unlikely. The amateur sleuths guessed every other character in the book as the guilty one, based on no evidence at all. The romance part of the book was silly and not at all emotionally gripping or amusing. Either would have been acceptable. Even the POV of the pet dog, Elvis, wasn't particularly amusing. Especially when compared to Spencer Quinn's books. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Nov 20, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wanted to like this book but had a terrible time staying engaged. I won't blame that on the author or the book as I may try to come back to this book later. Maybe as a summer read when I'm in need of something less substantial.
  bookjunkie | Jun 3, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Well, I won this book thru Early Reviewers. I thought it would be a fun little read. I think I got to about page 35 when I set it aside. Normally, I like cozy mysteries. This one just didn't catch my interest. Maybe the overwhelming number of characters introduced early, or maybe because I didn't find any of those characters believable. Not sure. It just didn't work for me. ( )
  tiddleyboom | Apr 11, 2010 |

When Elvis impersonators start dying at the annual Elvis festival in Tupelo, Mississippi, Callie Valentine Jones and her cousin Lovie find themselves at the center of a murder investigation. Callie needs to find the real killer to prove Lovie's innocence, and she has to act fast before the wrong person is singing jailhouse blues.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Peggy Webb's book Elvis and the Grateful Dead was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,532,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible