Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Doing Business in the US: Legal Opportunities and Pitfalls
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471961604, Paperback)To succeed in the US, non-American managers must understand the basics of American law. Doing Business in the US uses marketing strategy to identify the areas of American law which have the greatest impact on a firm s success or failure. It then explains these areas of law clearly and concisely. The book is written for managers, and contains no jargon. It is written for non-Americans, and explains the law from the perspective of someone living outside the United States. Doing Business in the US helps managers answer questions such as:
* How will US product liability laws affect my business?
* Why should I agree to mediate a dispute?
* How much will it cost my firm if it violates a contract?
* Will a license agreement allow me to earn profits from the US while still avoiding the risks and costs of entering the market directly?
* How can I ensure that someone will not sue my firm based on the actions of the firm s American sales agent?
At a fraction of the cost, the author offers the same advice an attorney would give in an initial consultation. The book therefore allows managers to quickly ask attorneys and business associates insightful questions, and thus save time and money. Written in highly accessible English, Doing Business in the US is the first book any executive, business strategist, or entrepreneur should read to understand how the law affects, or will affect, his or her American business.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:49 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.