Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Teaching Reading in the Content Areas: Developing Content Literacy For All…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471365513, Hardcover)* Focuses on content classrooms at the middle and high school levels.
* Introduces the Content Literacy Model.
* Offers authentic assessment strategies for content classes.
* Suggests ideas for building classroom environments which build a positive affect in students and permit scheduling of numerous content literacy activities.
* Features a special chapter showing how mastering the writing process can help students become better readers aqnd comprehenders of content materials.
* Includes a unique chapter demonstrating the many benefits and uses of fiction, non-ficition, and various media in subject matter classes.
* Discusses "how to teach" literacy skills as you teach content: Presents suggestions that are innovative, and exciting as well as the more traditional teaching methods and strategies which have proven effective for content studies.
* Includes a Learners With Special Needs section at the end of each chapter.
* Guided Action Research Project (GARP) - outlines a systematic method for trying out ideas described in the text.
* Chapter Organization
* Begins each chapter with a visual organizer for the chapter, followed by a series of Focus Questions.
* Concludes each chapter with a series of Reflection/Application activities
* Lists Recommended Readings
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:29 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.