Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices…

Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices That Transform Us (edition 2015)

by Adele Ahlberg Calhoun (Author)

Fasting. Solitude. Contemplative prayer. Lectio divina.Have you heard about these practices and wanted to try them? Have you wandered from one practice to another not sure quite what to do? Are you overwhelmed by all the to-dos of your spiritual life?We have good desires--for a more intimate prayer life, perhaps, or deeper insight from God's Word--but we don't know how to get there. So we give up our pursuit, tired from wandering aimlessly, and end up feeling guilty and more distant from God instead of closer. In the Spiritual Disciplines Handbook Adele Calhoun gives us directions for our journey toward intimacy with Christ. While the word discipline may make us want to run and hide, the author shows how desires and discipline work together to lead us to the transformation we're longing for--the transformation only Christ can bring. Instead of just giving information about spiritual disciplines, this Handbook is full of practical, accessible guidance that helps you actually do them.Mothers, fathers, plumbers, nurses, students--we're all on a journey. And spiritual disciplines are for all of us who desire to know Christ deeply and be like him. Here is direction for our desire, leading us to the ultimate destination: more of Christ himself.… (more)
Member:ReverendEmma
Title:Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices That Transform Us
Authors:Adele Ahlberg Calhoun (Author)
Info:IVP Books (2015), Edition: Revised, Expanded, 352 pages

Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices That Transform Us by Adele Ahlberg Calhoun

This is a nice resource for those looking for creative ways to build habits and rhythms to experience God. Groups could use this book to highlight a handful of practices from week to week to encourage folks to try new pathways on their spiritual journey.
  HCC_ResourceLibrary | Jan 12, 2019 |
Comprehensive with insights and descriptions of many traditional classic Christian spiritual practices. ( )
  roydknight | May 24, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,244,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible