1,000 Vegan Recipes (1,000 Recipes) by Robin…

1,000 Vegan Recipes (1,000 Recipes)

by Robin Robertson

I looked over this vegan cookbook that I borrowed from the library and thought it looked excellent. I only tried five recipes: Falafel Sandwiches, Tahini-Lemon Sauce, Coconut Pistachio Rice Pudding, and Roasted Vegetable Stromboli, and Basic Pizza Dough. We loved all the recipes, however, I spent way too long in the kitchen. The Roasted Vegetable Stromboli took 2 1/4 hours to make, including cleanup. My husband said it was the best vegan recipe I had ever made, but I won't make it again because I don't want to spend that long in the kitchen. Not sure if I'll buy the book or not. They do have a list of "quick recipes" in the book, so maybe it would be worth buying the book for those.

By the way, there is an interesting website where a retired woman who travels all over the country in her motor home is cooking through this book: "My Adventures Testing 1000 Vegan Recipes" http://testing-1000vr.blogspot.com/. That website alone made me more interested in buying the book. She tweaks all of the recipes to make them use whole grains with no added oils ("McDougall Friendly"). ( )
  itbgc | Apr 23, 2016 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0470085029, Hardcover)

Whether you're a new to  vegan cooking, a long-time vegan, or someone who is just trying to eat meatless meals a few times a week, this is the book for you. You will have a lifetime of recipes and inspiration.

1,000 Vegan Recipes:

Includes a "FAST" icon featuring quick and easy recipes that can be ready in 30 minutes or less Provides kid-friendly recipes to help you get your kids to eat more nutritious foods Offers detailed information and guidelines on ingredients substitutions, special nutritional concerns, and a handy list of important pantry staples Presents vegan alternatives to restaurant favorites  with recipes such as Penne with Vodka-Spiked Tomato Sauce, Fajitas Without Borders, Cheezecake with Cranberry Drizzle, Vegan Tiramisu, and vegan ice creams, sorbets, and granitas

1,000 Vegan Recipes is for everyone who is interested in healthy and delicious eating that is also ethically, environmentally responsible.

Browse Recipe Excerpts from 1,000 Vegan Recipes

• Mango-Avocado Spring Rolls
• Tricolor Rotini with Pesto Bianco
• Green Tea Rice with Lemon Snow Peas and Tofu
• Chocolate-Macadamia Cheesecake Truffles

Ten Tips for Eating Vegan

Going vegan has never been easier. Here are some tips to get started:

• Try one or two new vegan recipes a week to build your repertoire
• Replace meat in recipes with beans, seitan, tempeh, or tofu
• Eliminate dairy by using non-dairy alternatives such as soy or rice milk
• Enjoy vegetable dishes as entrees instead of side dishes
• Eat more whole grains and whole-grain pastas and cook large batches of beans and grains to use in a variety of recipes
• Explore ethnic cuisines in restaurants and experiment with them at home
• When eating in restaurants, confirm which dishes are vegan
• Stock your pantry and refrigerator with vegan ingredients to have on hand
• When grocery shopping, check labels for non-vegan ingredients
• Explore vegan cookbooks, websites, and blogs for more tips and recipes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:47 -0400)

Whether you're a new to vegan cooking, a long-time vegan, or someone who is just trying to eat meatless meals a few times a week, this is the book for you. You will have a lifetime of recipes and inspiration. These delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between, are cholesterol-free, low in saturated fat, and high in fiber and complex carbohydrates. You'll get crowd-pleasing appetizers and snacks like Mango-Avocado Spring Rolls and Savory Artichoke Squares and family favorites like Vegan Margarita Pizza and Baked Mac and Cheeze. Best of all, Robertson gives you an endless variety of recipes from a diverse range of cultures. There is something in this book for everyone's taste!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,628,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible