The Blank Book by Magdalena Scott
213,684,148 (3.5)None
Recently added bycatchat

Although this is the fourth book in Magdalena Scott’s Serendipity, Indiana series, it is the first I have read. Books in this collection can easily be read as stand-alone novels.

Widow Alice Williams is an aspiring author. She attends a library book sale and is surprised when she returns home to find a leather bound blank book included with those she purchased. She later goes to a movie with friends that stars the handsome actor Robert Diamond. Little does she know how that book will impact both her life and his.

This story drew me in quickly. It is a sweet romance with a thread of the paranormal running through – a thread that ties the story together. Because of this aspect, not everything is grounded in real life. If you want everything to be “real world,” then don’t bother to pick it up. If a little other-worldliness is to your liking, then grab a copy as fast as you can. There is plenty of the normal world including a taste of small town life and relationships between friends. While I usually read more realistic stories, I find that an occasional change is refreshing. “The Blank Book” certainly was for me.

I fully anticipate reading more of this series.

I received a signed paperback copy directly from the author as a contest prize without any promise of writing a review. However, I was so intrigued by the storyline that I bumped it to the top of my reading list. Any opinions expressed are my own.
  catchat | May 26, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,845,288 books! | Top bar: Always visible