dismiss

Serenity: Those Left Behind by Joss Whedon

Serenity: Those Left Behind (edition 2006)

by Joss Whedon

In a universe filled with hearts and minds as cold and dark as the reaches of space, one small Firefly-class starship named Serenity takes its ragtag crew of mercenaries, outlaws, and fugitives in search of a job, any job, that'll earn them enough cash to afford that most elusive commodity, peace.
Member:stevepugh
Title:Serenity: Those Left Behind
Authors:Joss Whedon
Info:Dark Horse Comics,U.S. (2006), Paperback
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, firefly, graphic novel, science fiction, serenity

Serenity: Those Left Behind by Joss Whedon

Serenity: Float Out by Patton Oswalt (ghilbrae)
    Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding (Jannes)
    Jannes: Retribution falls is, for better or worse, essentially Firefly/Serenity in steampunk drag.
    My Own Kind of Freedom by Steven Brust (ghilbrae)
    ghilbrae: Highly recommendable fan fiction by the author of The Phoenix Guards, very true to the show.

This is a fun quick read. Reads like an episode of Firefly. Which - being one of my favorite shows is why when I found this at the Hershey Library it was an immediate grab. Fun compelling the story. Artwork is crisp and characters look like they did in the show and act similarly. The action scenes were OK-ish, the art made them a little wonky, but for the most part still able to follow them. Enjoyed the hour or less it took to read this, so that makes it a win. ( )
  BenKline | Jul 1, 2020 |
Capítulos previos de la serie Firefly (precuelas que dirían en angloparla), escritos por el mismísimo Joss Whedon. Me encantan. Es más de lo mismo, más serie y más película, pero eso es precisamente lo que quiero. Se lee demasiado rápido pero se disfruta de cada detalle. Muy entretenido para los aficionados. ( )
  Remocpi | Apr 22, 2020 |
Love my Firefly and just about everything to do with it. I do wish that it had been a bit longer and added more details but I guess that's the nature of a graphic novel. Bring on more! ( )
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |
"He was crowdin' me, and I don't know him. I hit people that crowd me I don't know."
-Jayne

Filling in some of the events that happened between Firefly and Serenity, this short graphic novel reads just like a missing episode. An episode filled with the usual coin-stealing, gun-blasting, and backstabbing that made me love Firefly so much. If you've seen the show and are wanting a little bonus content of the crew's adventures out in the black, this is it. Just keep flying, folks. (And reading too.) ( )
  libraccio | Jul 2, 2019 |
This graphic novel was a worthy follow-up of the Firefly series. While not fantastic as far as graphic novels go, it genuinely felt like a continuation of the series. It felt as if it were a small, self-contained episode. The writing was clever, the artwork generally good, and the intro to the book by Nathan Fillion made it all feel very much worthwhile. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |

Whedon, Jossprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Conrad, WillIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Matthews, Brettmain authorall editionsconfirmed
And so I say to you on this fine day, citizens of Constance, that your lives are not defined by that with which you enter this world, but rather with what you leave behind on it.
Please do not combine this record that is Volume 1 with the individual Part/Issue that is #1.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,853,693 books! | Top bar: Always visible