Organize Your Whole House by Editors of The…

Organize Your Whole House (2010)

by Editors of The Family Handyman

Grabbed Organize Your Whole House at the library thinking it would simply be a visual reference and/or inspiration for my upcoming organizing projects (kitchen, garage, bedroom closets). Once I began reading from page one I quickly realized it not only provided color photos but step-by-step DIY instructions for building the storage /organization systems. Yeehaw!! Not only that, the money I will save by doing it myself, especially for my garage and closets, will be between $1,000-$2,000. Now I can't wait to get started on my projects.

Another observation, a few of the projects might require (be safer with) two people and about five of them will require an intermediate knowledge of carpentry. Not brain surgery, though, and the instructions were concise yet detailed so I could follow along just reading them without my eyes glazing over. (I usually don't "get" these types of projects until I'm actually doing them.) It was also helpful to know at the beginning of the project description exactly which tools would be needed, a materials list AND a cut list.

Side note: It was encouraging that almost all of the photos were women working the projects. ( )
  flying_monkeys | Apr 8, 2013 |
The kitchen is the hardest room to keep organized.

Be clutter free and organized in no time with more than 90 do- it- yourself projects for every room in your home-plus the garage and yard.
This easy-to-follow guide contains 90 distinctive, sensible ideas to create practical solutions for organizing your living space. The projects are especially well designed and, in the clear, dependable style of The Family Handyman's, including concise plans, complete cutting lists, illustrated step-by-step instructions, and over 200 beautiful color photographs. Throughout the book you'll find expert advice on building techniques, information on materials, cutting lists, tools, project installation, and finishing.

Gain acres of closet space with the following ideas:

Organize your kitchen: This is the hardest room to keep organized. Utensils, appliances, and groceries can fill up every inch-reclaim your space with above cabinet shelving, message center, or a "thyme saver" spice rack.
Organize your bathroom and laundry room: Creative solutions for adding storage and shelving in hidden and unused areas include glass shelves, built-in cabinets, towel bars, soap dispensers, and a folding laundry table
Organize your bedroom and closets: Annoyed by an overstuffed closet? A simple-to-build closet system is a great solution, along with a sports storage rack to utilize every inch of space.
Plus bonus sections that highlight Healthy & Efficient Home, Essential Skills, andPainting & Finishing

Throughout this book are expert hints and tips that will have you on your way to a clutter-free home in no time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:57 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,588,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible