Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How…

Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker,… (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Participant Media, Karl Weber (Editor)

299None37,719 (3.83)3
Member:katemo
Title:Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker, Fatter, and Poorer-And What You Can Do About It
Authors:Participant Media
Other authors:Karl Weber (Editor)
Info:PublicAffairs (2009), Edition: First Edition, Media tie-in, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:non-fiction

Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker, Fatter, and Poorer-And What You Can Do About It by Karl Weber (Editor) (2009)

Good, and I have a copy which I'll show around the neighborhood. ( )
  vegetarian | Mar 11, 2013 |
The varying perspectives represented in this book were interesting, though in many cases there were some...interesting claims being made. For the majority of the book, though, the essays were interesting, well thought out, and well reasoned, and I found it very interesting. ( )
  Placebogirl | Feb 12, 2010 |

Food, Inc. is guaranteed to shake up our perceptions of what we eat. This powerful documentary deconstructing the corporate food industry in America was hailed by Entertainment Weekly as “more than a terrific movie—it’s an important movie.” Aided by expert commentators such as Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser, the film poses questions such as: Where has my food come from, and who has processed it? What are the giant agribusinesses and what stake do they have in maintaining the status quo of food production and consumption? How can I feed my family healthy foods affordably?

Expanding on the film’s themes, the book Food, Inc. will answer those questions through a series of challenging essays by leading experts and thinkers. This book will encourage those inspired by the film to learn more about the issues, and act to change the world.

[retrieved from Amazon.com 5/23/2013]

From the Publisher: Food, Inc. is guaranteed to shake up our perceptions of what we eat. This powerful documentary deconstructing the corporate food industry in America was hailed by Entertainment Weekly as "more than a terrific movie-it's an important movie." Aided by expert commentators such as Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser, the film poses questions such as: Where has my food come from, and who has processed it? What are the giant agribusinesses and what stake do they have in maintaining the status quo of food production and consumption? How can I feed my family healthy foods affordably? Expanding on the film's themes, the book Food, Inc. will answer those questions through a series of challenging essays by leading experts and thinkers. This book will encourage those inspired by the film to learn more about the issues, and act to change the world.… (more)

PublicAffairs

An edition of this book was published by PublicAffairs.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,476,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible