A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

A Walk to Remember (original 1999; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks (Author)

A romance featuring a troublesome teenager in South Carolina who is changed for the better by the love of a girl. She is the angelic daughter of a local minister and the boy joins her in doing good deeds. But she has a secret which will break his heart.
Member:rlr1
Title:A Walk to Remember
Authors:Nicholas Sparks (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2004), Edition: Reprint, 224 pages

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (1999)

Recently added bymeecho, Thomas_MC_Stone, Rennie80, MommaO, private library, SusanRR, LACoC, Cphogan87, Anna6

English (154)  German (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (157)
A Walk to Remember embraced me with its warmness. Jamie, one of the main heroes, was so naive, kind and patient that sometimes I doubted existence of such people in our world. Nevertheless, such people do exist. And they enlighten our world with their selfless deeds, which is what Jamie did. It was interesting to read how people who had thought her to be strange, not only changed their mind, but also changed themselves under her influence.

This book is similar with "Before I Die" in its topic. But it is much better for me. It makes to think about people, to show compassion, to get rid of stereotypes. ( )
  Diana_Hryniuk | Aug 28, 2021 |
Definitely better than the movie, which I wasn't expecting because it's not my favorite genre to read. ( )
  DoomLuz | Jul 20, 2021 |
Nicholas Sparks has done it again. I've only read two of his books, but both of them broke my heart. I faintly remember watching the film with my mom when I was little, so I really wanted to read the book. I knew it would be an emotional ride, but I still wasn't expecting to cry as much as I did.

Landon was frustrating at first. I hated how unnecessarily mean he was to Jamie, and he just felt like a bland character. However, as he started falling in love with her, he became less obnoxious to me. He could still be cruel, but it didn't happen nearly as often as it had in the beginning.

Throughout the entire novel, I loved Jamie. She was such a strong character, which I think is always important. She went through hell, and despite it all, she stayed positive. I can't even imagine going through half of what she dealt with, let alone all of it simultaneously.

I love that Nicholas wrote it from Landon's perspective. To me, that gives the story more depth and makes it more enjoyable. It added to the general emotions of the story and made it overall more heartbreaking.

I don't think I have any complaints about this book. It was brilliantly written, and it sucked me in from the first page. It was the perfect mix of romantic and sad. If you haven't read this book yet and want to read something that'll put you on an emotional roller-coaster, I highly recommend you read this book. Even if you've already read it, I still recommend it. ( )
  angeljmartin | Mar 12, 2021 |
way better than the movie.
  littlemuls | Jan 28, 2021 |
A good book but the movie is more memorable.
  Teri_O | Nov 11, 2020 |

Sparks, Nicholasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bouchareine, ChristineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Honkasaari, LiisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Petrelli, AlessandraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
[None]
For my parents, with love and memories.

Patrick Michael Sparks (1942 - 1996)
Jill Emma Marie Sparks (1942 - 1989)

and for my siblings, with all my heart and soul.

Micah Sparks
Danielle Lewis
When I was seventeen, my life changed forever.

What a valuable lesson this novel serves to teach. Those who may be different from us, status or otherwise, can be the most wonderful people to know.

Hachette Book Group

4 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446608955, 0446693804, 0446525537, 1570427496

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,537,300 books! | Top bar: Always visible