The Duck and the Kangaroo by Edward Lear

The Duck and the Kangaroo

by Edward Lear

At last, Edward Lear's fabulous love poem, THE DUCK AND THE KANGAROO, comes to life in a book of it's own!
“My life is a bore in this nasty pond, and I long to go out in the world beyond. I wish I could hop like you,” said the Duck to the Kangaroo.
In this book, Jane Wattenberg has woven several of Edward Lear's very own paintings of animals (find a turtle, squirrel, parrot and owl), as well as bits of paintings from other naturalist artists 1550-1850, into the pages of her lush, evocative photo-collage illustrations.
This is an emotive and loving interspecies romance. ( )
  JaneWattenberg | Jul 22, 2009 |
added by JaneWattenberg | editKirkus Review

information about Edward Lear
and information about the famous naturalist artists (1550-1850) who are woven into the pages of this book
Said the Duck to the Kangaroo, "Good gracious hop you hop!"
"My life is a bore in this nasty pond and I long to go out in the world beyond. I wish I could hop like you," said the Duck to the Kangaroo.

A wholly original tribute to the author of The Owl and the Pussycat, containing inspired collages incorporating images from the nineteenth century including several of Lear's own drawings, Duck overcomes "cold feet" and wins Kangaroo's heart in a story of adoration, acceptance, and adventure.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,634,425 books! | Top bar: Always visible