Nothing But Scandal (Zebra Debut) by Allegra…

Nothing But Scandal (Zebra Debut)

by Allegra Gray

Weak book. The story was readable. I wasn't sure if I liked the leads because we knew so little about them. The character development was quite poor. It took me days to read it -- a sure sign of lack of interest. ( )
  doxiemomx2 | Dec 4, 2010 |
"Nothing But Scandal" is the first book by Allegra Gray. It's a charming historical with passion and a bit of intrigue and I found it a fairly quick read.

Elizabeth Medford's father died recently, leaving her and the rest of the family broke. Although she's always been the dependable one, she just can't quite bring herself to willingly wed her despicable distant cousin Wetherby. He's cruel and seems to enjoy her fear and hurt. He only wants to marry her to improve his standing in society, so Elizabeth decides to ruin herself quite publicly, therefore taking herself out of his sights. But the rake she chooses just won't cooperate!

Alex, Duke of Beaufort, can't get the beautiful Medford chit out of his thoughts. Was she actually serious about ruining herself? Or was her suggestion another piece of her late father's plot? Unfortunately, the more he sees of her, the more he realizes she is just the Duchess he's been looking for...if they can avoid yet more scandal.

Not the most memorable historical, but for a first book I was much entertained. Allegra Gray is, for me, an author to keep an eye on as she gains experience. ( )
  jjmachshev | Sep 16, 2009 |

Unwilling to marry the vile Harold Wetherby, to preserve her family's status, Elizabeth Medford decides to ruin her reputation so Wetherby will no longer want her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,634,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible