Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound

by Richelle Mead

English (100)  German (1)  All (101)
Wow, so much happened. I'm torn between all these characters and how I want things to go for them. I thought the book kind of lagged a little in some of the middle part, but then wham it so awesome. What a cliffy though. It feels as if everything is on the verge of an explosion.
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Key statement: The well-executed plot twist at the end of the book made the entire first half worthwhile.

I have no idea what to say about this one. As I mentioned in my "currently reading" updates, I had a hard time getting through this book at first - though I couldn't figure out why. Now I think it was just because I didn't like the major storyline running throughout the first half of the book: saving Dimitri.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Rose and Dimitri together - but I didn't see how Rose could justify all that risk (going prison break on Victor, letting so many people be slaughtered) for a half-maybe-possible Strigoi "cure". I didn't appreciate her treatment of Adrian - even if she didn't realize how terribly she was treating him - as it seemed too much like a repeat of the Mason/Rose storyline. [Also: I don't like how insanely unrealistic it is that Rose and her gang would actually be able to successfully stage a break out at the prison-of-all-prisons.]

Fortunately, Rose eventually realized the stupidity in the risk as well - and the book certainly improved in the last half - which is the only reason why this book warranted a higher star rating. I liked the first half well enough [for the excitement of the group finally graduating and moving on], but really did enjoy the last half so much more. Spirit Bound's saving grace was the last few chapters - particularly the ending plot twist. ( )
  ItEntertainsMe | Oct 4, 2016 |
Since my heart is currently broken into a million tiny pieces, the dumb romance in this book just made me sad and mad.

So my rating is obviously biased.

And I don't care. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
It was good, but when will the series end . . . . ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |

Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's and to her best friend, Lissa. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere. He has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. Only this time, he won't rest until Rose joins him--forever.… (more)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1921518863, 1921880112

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,189,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible