Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound

by Richelle Mead

English (90)  German (1)  All languages (91)
I'm wavering between 4 and 5. On the one hand, the fifth book in the Vampire Academy is easily the most thrilling and complex. There are several majot conflicts within the story and its all very intruguing. On the other hand, I had trouble with a lot of the decisions Rose and her friends made. It felt like Rose hadn't learned enough from all her previous adventures; like she reverted to the person she was in the first book, before she learned discipline. She threw caution to the wind and put herself and other people at risk. It became too much about her being desperate.

I feel like authors who create strong female characters often lose sight of that when there is a romantic struggle. Women and girls become idiotic and dangerous, to themselves and others, just to have that ""one true love."" Even though I was with Rose through all the other books, whether I'd agreed upon her course of action or not, she always had a purpose that served a greater good and even if it satisfied a personal need, it didn't hurt anyone else

In this book she was selfish and had no grasp on the concept of how ridiculous and damaging her choices and actions could be. It was infuriating. I was genuinely upset the first half of the book, but eventually, completely gave way to logic — because it doesn't have a place for this book — and suspended disbelief. So while I did enjoy the book and was compelled to finish reading, despite being irritated with how the story was progressing, I can't fully praise the book.

This may be rough, but I'm writing from my phone, so give me a break. ( )
  rawrrbot | Sep 15, 2015 |
This book was....boring? Compared to the rest of the series it was just lacking. The beginning was actually really good with the prison breakout and stuff but the middle was just lacking in anything. Dimitri coming back was interesting but I don't know the book needed more. The end was interesting but it makes me wonder if book 6 will also be kind of EHH you know?
It was still good but not enough happened for me to LOVE book 5. ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |
And yet another awesome book in this series. Really not much more I can say than that XD ( )
  RCW | Apr 8, 2015 |
Slow beginning with lots of backstory, but awesome ending. Mead does plot so well! ( )
  MABoone | Jul 10, 2014 |
  MABoone | Jul 10, 2014 |

Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's and to her best friend, Lissa. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere. He has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. Only this time, he won't rest until Rose joins him--forever.… (more)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 1921518863, 1921880112

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,783,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible