Eclipse (The Twilight Saga Book 3) by…

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga Book 3) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Stephenie Meyer (Author)

Series: Twilight Saga (3)

Bella must choose between her friendship with Jacob, a werewolf, and her relationship with Edward, a vampire, but when Seattle is ravaged by a mysterious string of killings, the three of them need to decide whether their personal lives are more important than the well-being of an entire city.
Member:emoki13
Title:Eclipse (The Twilight Saga Book 3)
Authors:Stephenie Meyer (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2007), Edition: 1st, 641 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (2007)

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (willowwaw)
    Marked by P. C. Cast (kassyavon)
    kassyavon: You will Love this book if you like The House of night series.
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (tyuiop159)
    Book of Shadows by Cate Tiernan (alexa_d, mgcdreamer13)
    alexa_d: Morgan and Cal have the same romantic dynamic as Bella and Edward!
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!
    The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (vvstokkom)
    vvstokkom: Bree Tanner wordt zijdelings in Eclips beschreven. Dit boek vertelt haar eigen verhaal.
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (bcomquest)
    bcomquest: You will enjoy

English (774)  Spanish (7)  Dutch (5)  French (3)  Danish (3)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (2)  Italian (2)  German (2)  Finnish (2)  Vietnamese (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (808)
The third book in the Twilight Saga shows Bella trying to keep Jacob and Edward in her life, and really shows the love triangle for what it is. In Twilight, she falls for Edward, while in New Moon, she falls for Jacob (though doesn't initially realize it). In Eclipse, she tries desperately to keep them both in her life - with severe emotional fallout. All the characters in this book behave extremely terribly to one another, which made it a harder read than New Moon - Edward kidnapping Bella and Jacob staging a jailbreak was fun for my TeamJacob heart, but seeing Jacob turn into a jerk was difficult as a reader. The main plot finishes up the Victoria-is-after-me storyline, with an army of newborn vampires that allows Bella insight into exactly what becoming a vampire means. The book ultimately ends with Bella choosing Edward and planning a wedding - but, if you're really Team Jacob (or just don't want her with Edward generally), the text could allow you to headcanon an alternative ending while ignoring Breaking Dawn that takes place after the end of Eclipse.

Ultimately, I enjoyed the book, and give it a 4/5, it loses points for the characters being so terrible to each other, as well as for some awkward exposition scenes (Rosalie's backstory, the Bonfire party, Jasper's backstory) that were harder to get through, but it kept me reading, and ultimately gave me a lot of feelings at the end.

I don't like Bella ending up with Edward, but it was still a good story. ( )
  WaldensLibrary | Sep 24, 2022 |
Enjoyed it. Better than I thought it would be. ( )
  MBTC | Jul 9, 2022 |
great! took me a bit longer to read then the first two. only because i knew the end was near.. ( )
  theejeangrey | Jul 7, 2022 |
9788420472331
  archivomorero | Jun 27, 2022 |
9788420472331
  archivomorero | Jun 25, 2022 |
Ask any high school girl: boys can be a pain. Fall for one who seems appealing, and he turns out to be a monster. One moment he acts like you don’t exist, the next, he drives you crazy by playing it cool — while his brothers circle you with hungry eyes. If you take a break to cut the tension, and hang out “just friends”-style with a younger guy who’s puppy-dogging you, what happens? Wouldn’t you know, he turns out to be a nightmare too.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
FRUNZĂ, Laurasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
FRUNZĂ, Mihaelasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gelada Fuster, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kadushin, IlyanaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pallarés Sanmiguel, José MiguelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Robert Frost
To my husband, Pancho,
for your patience, love, friendship, humor,
and willingness to eat out.

And also to my children, Gabe, Seth, and Eli,
for letting me experience the kind of love
that people freely die for.
All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

"BELLA?"
Edward's soft voice came from behind me. I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, just like he had in the parking lot, and kissed me again.
This kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine - like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us.

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

3 2071

Hachette Book Group

6 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316160202, 0316036293, 0316027650, 031608736X, 0316078166, 0316087386

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,028,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible