Flight by Dave Sim

Flight (original 1993; edition 1993)

by Dave Sim, Gerhard.,

Series: Cerebus Books (7)

Cerebus the Aardvark, in an attempt to regain his power from the Cirinists, a new matriarchal establishment, engages in bloody battle, meets an Aardvark ancestor, and plays chess with Suenteus Po. First volume of "Mothers & Daughters."
Member:googoomuck
Title:Flight
Authors:Dave Sim
Other authors:Gerhard.,
Info:[Kitchener] : Aardvark-Vanaheim, 1993.

Flight (Cerebus, Volume 7) by Dave Sim (1993)

This is where Cerebus began to be hard to read for me. I loved Cerebus up until this book. There is nothing like Cerebus, the books are funnier and more thought provoking than I ever expected. I'll probably forget how weird this book made me feel at times and read the next one in a year or so, based off of my nostalgia for the earlier books. But hopefully I read this review first, and then go and read something else, and remember Cerebus for the good times we had, and not descend into the isolated, misogynistic, mystical, masochistic dungeon where Sim trapped his mind in these later years. ( )
1 vote barnettie | Feb 3, 2019 |
Cerebus gets meta-physical once again. He ascends to the Eight Sphere and has a talk with one of the gods of his universe. In the mean time, Roach turns into Punisherroach and starts a small rule of his own, killing the Cirinists in passing (which turns out to be quite funny...).

Boy, I truly hope that the story will come down from the high philosophy it has gotten into... :) Don't know what to wait from the next book. ( )
  JapaG | Jul 1, 2007 |

Sim, Daveprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
GerhardIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,013,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible