It's Probably Penny by Loreen Leedy

It's Probably Penny

by Loreen Leedy

This book is cute but I felt like the topic, probability, was to advanced for the intended readers. However, I think it would be a good book for a math introduction lesson. The pictures are dated but cute. I did like how it incorporated a homework assignment, given to Lisa, and the use of the puppy, Penny. Through the story Lisa has to predict the outcomes a typical daily life, which is relatable to a lot of children. I just wasn't a huge fan. ( )
  JaJennings | Sep 17, 2018 |
This is a cute book and I think it does a decent job explaining probability. It instructs children to come up with their own scenarios, which I thought was a creative method to use in order to facilitate understanding in this particular concept. ( )
  albethea | Sep 17, 2018 |
I didn't care for this book. I felt that everything in it was rather random. I did however like that some of the words were in bold font for the key words such as equal, unequal, probably, possible, and might. I felt that my students didn't truly get the meaning that the book was trying to portray. ( )
  rabertucci | Sep 10, 2018 |
A cute book that teaches the concept of probability to children in a simple and easy way. Lisa mostly focuses on her little dog Penny to help her with her probability homework. A great book that parents and teachers can use to help children have a better understanding. ( )
  K_Rodriguez | Nov 22, 2014 |
This is a great book to use as a read aloud to teach probability in a child friendly manner. Who wouldn't like to hear about the daily adventures of an adorable dog while learning math with Lisa, a student and the owner of Penny the dog. The important terms of probability, various real world examples, and full page illustrations work well to engage the reader while addressing the mathematical concept of probability. This book is very useful!
  exu0002 | May 6, 2013 |

A delightful companion to Measuring Penny

Lisa’s class is learning about probability. For part of her homework, she has to think of an event that will happen, one that might happen, and one that can’t happen. Who is that Boston terrier that keeps popping into Lisa’s imagination? It’s probably Penny!

Loreen Leedy is widely praised for her ability to make concepts fun and accessible to children, and she has done it again in this great introduction to probability.

It's Probably Penny is a 2008 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:40 -0400)

Lisa and her class learn about probability.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,736,832 books! | Top bar: Always visible