George Washington's First Victory (Ready-to-Read. Level 2)

by Stephen Krensky

Other authors: Diane Dawson Hearn (Illustrator)

Series: Childhood of Famous Americans

Describes an incident in the early life of George Washington, which provides a glimpse of his relationship with his mother.

Summery:
In this story young George Washington wanted to visit his uncle who lived a good distance from him. His mother needed his help because his father had just passed. All day he thought of ways to convince his mother to let him visit his uncle.

My View:
I like this story because it give us a glimpse into George Washington's boyhood, and the struggles that he faced.

Extensions:
I would have my kids discuss ways that they could help out their own family in challenging situations.
I would have my class draw or paint a photo of what they thought George Washington was like as a boy. What did he like to do or eat? What did he learn in school?
  Ashleyreece | Mar 24, 2011 |
Helps tell children more about history in a way that will not bore them. Helps them learn about George Washington and makes them realize that he was once in their shoes once too. Anyone can grow up to be great. ( )
  lmaddux | Sep 21, 2010 |

Stephen Krenskyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hearn, Diane DawsonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,132,705 books! | Top bar: Always visible