Ghouls Gone Wild by Victoria Laurie

I love these books, I keep reading them faster than I can get them at the library. ( )
  millett23 | Jul 19, 2015 |
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Another great one. Although I wish Steven and Doc were in this one more. I love all the twists and turns these books take. I really great mystery that kept me on the edge on the seat most of the time!

Super funny and quirky series! I just can't get enough of these fast paced adventures! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
Ghouls Gone Wild by Victoria Laurie is the fourth of the Ghost Hunter Mystery series. MJ, Heath and Gillie are sent to Scotland by their new TV show. They are to get the goods on a haunted street that dates back to the plague.

To add drama, the hauntings are tied up in a curse that affects Gillie's family tree. Gillie, the bet friend and over-done comic relief character doesn't have enough depth to support this type of plot.

Thus the first half of book consists of Gillie whining, running away, panicking and basically being a hundred times more annoying than in all the previous books combined.

The final straw, though for me, wasn't Gillie, it was a change in the premise. What had been a centuries old curse and haunting, suddenly becomes a more recent event, involving witches. This reversal felt like a Scooby Doo plot, and not in a good way. ( )
  pussreboots | Jun 20, 2014 |
This was my first read of this series, and it was different from what I expected--which is part of my problem. It was challenging for me to remember that the main character was NOT Abby from the Psychic Eye series. I liked the Scotland setting, but I felt a little out of sorts throughout the book, and was glad it was over. I glad I read it (new series and all), but will probably wait awhile before trying another in this series. ( )
  dukefan86 | Dec 13, 2013 |
M.J. Holliday can communicate with the dead and that ability has led her to a role in a cable TV series called "Ghoul Getters". For the first show M.J. and friends travel to Scotland to investigate some haunted caverns. This will be one of the toughest gigs M.J. and fellow medium Heath Whitefeather have ever been on - someone has let loose the witch that haunts the caverns and she is determined to harm the ancestors of the people that killed her and one of those ancestors is a dear friend of M.J.

"Ghouls Gone Wild" is the fourth book in Victoria Laurie's Ghost Hunter mystery series - a series that gets better with each book. The series seem to have really hit its stride now that it focuses on the Ghoul Getters TV series. M.J. is a great character - talented, a good friend (if a bit of a diva), and willing to face danger if it means helping ghosts to cross over. I'm glad the book focuses more on her relationship with Heath rather than Stephen because Stephen never quite seemed to fit into the series. I'm also glad that Laurie didn't have M.J. immediately switch her affections to Heath but instead fret over her growing attraction to Heath while trying to be loyal to Stephen. Her friendship with Gilley also helps shape her character as it does Gilley's - I love the fact that he is afraid of ghosts! The paranormal aspects are well done (with some cute nods to Harry Potter) and the book is a nice mixture of scary events in the past intermingling with scary events in the present. The mystery aspects are also well done - while it is not too hard to figure out who the bad guy is there are still some twists that the reader won't see coming. The book has plenty of deliciously scary moments that will make readers glad they aren't the ones doing the ghost hunting.

"Ghouls Gone Wild" is a nicely done paranormal mystery. ( )
  drebbles | Jun 25, 2013 |
For my cousin, Hilary Laurie, the funnier half of the Tee-Vee Variety Show
I'm not really put off by the skeptics out there: people who believe that, for me to call myself a psychic medium, I must be something of a fraud.

While in Scotland filming the first installment of their new cable TV show "Ghoul Getters," M.J. Holliday and her friends must brave a witch's wrath to stop an ancient curse from claiming seven victims.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,880,285 books! | Top bar: Always visible