Ghouls Gone Wild by Victoria Laurie

MJ Holliday & partners go to Scotland to put ghosts to res for their new T.V. show..... They've been set up a murderer is loose, and someone has called up the spirits of revenge seeking witches, very powerful witches who are not due to appear. for another 35 years.

Most of the story is quite interesting, with the exception of Gilley, M.J.'s childhood friend & business partner. His quivering mass of emotional flamboyancy has gotten on my last nerve. This man has become the stereotypical Flaming Drama Queen of the 80's. His character did not begin that way, but with each book he gets worse, and it's time to give this hackneyed cliche a rest. His lack of professionalism and whiny attitude is ruining what started off as a good series.

So apart from that, it was a good story.... but with Silly Gilley this cuts the rating down to a low three stars. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
I love these books, I keep reading them faster than I can get them at the library. ( )
  millett23 | Jul 19, 2015 |
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Another great one. Although I wish Steven and Doc were in this one more. I love all the twists and turns these books take. I really great mystery that kept me on the edge on the seat most of the time!

Super funny and quirky series! I just can't get enough of these fast paced adventures! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
Ghouls Gone Wild by Victoria Laurie is the fourth of the Ghost Hunter Mystery series. MJ, Heath and Gillie are sent to Scotland by their new TV show. They are to get the goods on a haunted street that dates back to the plague.

To add drama, the hauntings are tied up in a curse that affects Gillie's family tree. Gillie, the bet friend and over-done comic relief character doesn't have enough depth to support this type of plot.

Thus the first half of book consists of Gillie whining, running away, panicking and basically being a hundred times more annoying than in all the previous books combined.

The final straw, though for me, wasn't Gillie, it was a change in the premise. What had been a centuries old curse and haunting, suddenly becomes a more recent event, involving witches. This reversal felt like a Scooby Doo plot, and not in a good way. ( )
  pussreboots | Jun 20, 2014 |
This was my first read of this series, and it was different from what I expected--which is part of my problem. It was challenging for me to remember that the main character was NOT Abby from the Psychic Eye series. I liked the Scotland setting, but I felt a little out of sorts throughout the book, and was glad it was over. I glad I read it (new series and all), but will probably wait awhile before trying another in this series. ( )
  dukefan86 | Dec 13, 2013 |
For my cousin, Hilary Laurie, the funnier half of the Tee-Vee Variety Show
I'm not really put off by the skeptics out there: people who believe that, for me to call myself a psychic medium, I must be something of a fraud.

While in Scotland filming the first installment of their new cable TV show "Ghoul Getters," M.J. Holliday and her friends must brave a witch's wrath to stop an ancient curse from claiming seven victims.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,269,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible