Clementine (A Clementine Book) by Sara…

Clementine (A Clementine Book) (original 2006; edition 2008)

by Sara Pennypacker (Author)

Series: Clementine (1)

While sorting through difficulties in her friendship with her neighbor Margaret, eight-year-old Clementine gains several unique hairstyles while also helping her father in his efforts to banish pigeons from the front of their apartment building.
Member:PatShafer
Title:Clementine (A Clementine Book)
Authors:Sara Pennypacker (Author)
Info:Hyperion Books for Children (2008), Edition: Reprint, 160 pages

Work Information

Clementine by Sara Pennypacker (2006)

English (156)  German (1)  All languages (157)
Clementine was a really cute book about a slightly hyper-active, but otherwise well-meaning 8-year-old named Clementine. Clementine reminds me a bit of Ramona Quimby, and fills me with just as many laughs. This book has several laughs just for parents and adults, and plenty for children. Second, third, and fourth graders will totally relate to the inner-thinking of Clementine, while some adults will suspect she might have ADHD. (Oh, how the medical community has corrupted what used to be just called youthful exuberance.)

Although this book was a quick read filled with lots of "oh no" scenarios, there wasn't a very clear plot to the book or underlying them except to see how much well intentioned mischief Clementine can get into.
  RakishaBPL | Sep 24, 2021 |
big fan of pax. wish i would have read these as a child. i found that some instances were funny but mostly i felt it as part of my childhood which was bittersweet and weird. ( )
  MorbidLibrarian | Sep 18, 2021 |
Clementine and her life in the third grade ( )
  VictorTran | Apr 19, 2021 |
More "research" for work. This is such a fun little book. Fantastic illustrations and a cute story too. Reminds me a bit of my favorite series of all time: Ramona Quimby, which is perhaps why I liked it so much. ( )
  Emily_Harris | Dec 22, 2020 |
I kept this book from my childhood as well. I think it was mainly the cover that attracted me to it. Clementine means well just always happens to get into trouble.. kinda like Junie B.
  mackenziemitchell | Dec 7, 2020 |

Sara Pennypackerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Almasy, JessicaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

For Bill, Clementine's father in every way. -- S.P.

To my big brother, Mark Frazee, who thinks I'm an idiot -- M.F.
I have had not so good of a week.
"I was the only person in the whole art room who WAS paying attention. Which is why I could tell everyone right in the middle of the Pledge of Allegiance that the lunchroom lady was sitting in the janitor's car and they were kissing. Again. No one else saw this disgusting scene, because no one else was paying attention out the window!"

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,534,083 books! | Top bar: Always visible