Pride & Prejudice (Jane Austen: Marvel Adaptations)

by Nancy Butler, Hugo Petrus (Illustrator)

An adaptation of the original by Jane Austen that tells of Lizzy Bennet and her loveable, eccentric family as they navigate through tricky British social circles.

I forgot I had this one. So upon rereading I discovered why. I'm not a big fan of the art. I liked the cover and bought it because Pride and Prejudice (thank God for autocorrect). But it's not very special and certainly didn't make me tingle like the original did. ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
I cannot judge the quality of the adaptation, since I have never read the source material, but as a way to get the gist of what goes on in the story, this book was an enjoyable experience, and certainly a quicker read. ( )
  Enno23 | Aug 15, 2021 |
1 Smart, Somewhat Headstrong Heroine (Led Astray by First Impressions)
1 Overly Sweet Elder Sister
1 Handsome but Aloof Moneyed Gentleman (with Rather Too Much Pride)
1 Overly Amiable/Pliable Best Friend

1 Condescending Patroness
1 Really Swanky House in Derbyshire

Pretty, Pretty Artwork
5 Girls' Magazine Style Covers
1 Pair of REALLY TIGHT BREECHES ( )
  Caramellunacy | Mar 10, 2021 |
Not a bad adaptation in many respects, but it adheres too closely to the 2005 film version it seems. They seem to have forgotten the fact that Mr. Bingley has two sisters. Also, things have been... condensed somewhat. I understand that for the format it needed to be a bit shorter than the actual novel. I guess I feel it's missing out by doing so.

I don't have too much to complain about with the art aside from the fact supposedly plain Mary looks anything but. And some of the facial expressions seem odd at times.
  DanielleBates | Sep 16, 2020 |

DanielleBates | Sep 16, 2020 |

Butler, Nancyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Petrus, HugoIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Is an adaptation of

Nancy Butler, writer

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,438,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible