Catching Fire |Hunger Games|2 by Suzanne…

Catching Fire |Hunger Games|2 (edition 2013)

by Suzanne Collins (Author)

Series: The Hunger Games (2)

40,115171131 (4.18)1 / 943
By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.
Member:miriamel23
Title:Catching Fire |Hunger Games|2
Authors:Suzanne Collins (Author)
Info:Scholastic Press (2013), Ausgabe: Reprint, 400 Seiten

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sarkisi_beyaz)
    Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (djlewis)
    The Giver by Lois Lowry (jessicastatzer)
    Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy Marsden's tale of action, survival and growing up.
    Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Awesomeness1)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (Morteana)
    The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman (cransell)
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Anonymous user)

English (1,661)  Spanish (9)  German (6)  Italian (5)  Dutch (4)  French (4)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Danish (1)  Romanian (1)  Indonesian (1)  Swedish (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (1,701)
That is one wicked cool book.
  CMOBrien | Oct 18, 2021 |
Not only is this my favorite book in the Hunger Games series, it is one of my overall favorite books. It shows Katniss realizing her strength and her vulnerability where her friends are concerned. Even though his role in the books is small, Cinna's death is a catalyst for all that is to come and is pivotal in the series. The emotions are balanced with the action that never seems to stop throughout the book. Just very well written. ( )
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
Better than Mocking Jay but not as good as Hunger Games. ( )
  mgplavin | Oct 3, 2021 |
I thought that series started off very strong but got weaker with each subsequent book. You can tell Suzanne Collins was a script writer because her books make great movies but as far as her books go they lack a bit, in my opinion. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,

and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.

Katniss and Peeta
fight the odds once again, but
rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

3 1948

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,188,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible